Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 03-01-2011, 08:30 AM

Lostn51, That would be great, I have the square key design.
Thanks Patrick
Old 03-01-2011, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by HisPatchwork
wow! How nice! My husband has gone from teasing me about starting a museum, to asking his dad to be watching out for a featherweight while yardsaling in Arizona while he is there. {all i have is one Singer treadle and a Serata hand crank}
This morning DH was sick and had to stay home. He sat at my singer treadle with a cup of tea...it was not threaded...and was just treadling away! He didn't have any trouble getting it going at all. He told me that he used to play with his grandmother's all the time when he was visiting. Maybe I can get him to sew something on it sometime...he can treadle and I will use the hand crank! LOL
Old 03-01-2011, 09:02 AM

I did get my Serata HC up and running.I sewed my first project on it. I made two mug rugs. One for myself and one for Betsy, my friend that gave her to me. I have never named my machines, but after embroidering 'Betsy' on the mug rug, I decided to name the machine Betsy after her. I will probly name the Singer treadle Elizabeth after the place she was made. That is also the name of one of my DGDs. {Elizabeth Rainee H...but we have always called her Rainee} So far, my favorite is the hand crank.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:01 AM

Does anybody know anything about this Brother Deluxe Syncro-Matic? I want to go look at this one this week. Sure is pretty. The people don't know anything about sewing machines, they bought a storage building and it was in there. Do the feed dogs drop? There's a knob on the plate like those on a Pfaff 130 to drop them maybe. I saw a black one on line set up to treadle so this one probably could be treadled too. It does have a motor. Any ideas about finding parts for it? I love the aqua color too.

[email protected]

Linda
Old 03-01-2011, 10:09 AM

Edited...
I guess I don't know how to create a link on here. Sorry,
Linda
Old 03-01-2011, 10:12 AM

I recently bought a 301a on eBay that was missing the power cord and foot pedal. I ordered them, and they arrived yesterday...guess what....she purrs like a little honey!!! WOO HOO!!! I am so excited. I have to clean her up, as she is really dirty, but I am soooo excited that she runs!!!

Just had to share my excitement. She will be my traveling partner to guild, classes and quilt friendship group. Her name is Miss Ida.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by jljack
I recently bought a 301a on eBay that was missing the power cord and foot pedal. I ordered them, and they arrived yesterday...guess what....she purrs like a little honey!!! WOO HOO!!! I am so excited. I have to clean her up, as she is really dirty, but I am soooo excited that she runs!!!

Just had to share my excitement. She will be my traveling partner to guild, classes and quilt friendship group. Her name is Miss Ida.
How about a picture of Miss Ida. Kathie
Old 03-01-2011, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
Look at this fabric for sale on Ebay! It's got pictures of sewing machines that look like our vintage favorites! Even a Wilcox and Gibbs chain stitch machine and a featherweight.
http://cgi.ebay.com/RJR-Mrs-Sew-Sew-...item483eb9f149
That fabric is cute! I could see using it to make a sewing machine cover, a mini quilt for a wall, and/or a quilt for the sewing room.
I like Billy's fabric too.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
Look at this fabric for sale on Ebay! It's got pictures of sewing machines that look like our vintage favorites! Even a Wilcox and Gibbs chain stitch machine and a featherweight.
http://cgi.ebay.com/RJR-Mrs-Sew-Sew-...item483eb9f149
That fabric is cute! I could see using it to make a sewing machine cover, a mini quilt for a wall, and/or a quilt for the sewing room.
I like Billy's fabric too.
I have the same fabric and am going to make curtains for my sewing room one of these days. Kathie
Old 03-01-2011, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by oldhag
About a month ago I bought a box of old sewing machine attachments from various machines. Inside the box was a container of unused sewing machine needles that were marked Eldridge.
On Friday I came home from work to find my DH grinning and dragging me into the garage. He bought me the machine that goes with the needles!!!! He found this machine and just decided I needed another one and remembered about the needles. What a guy.
The machine is all there and just needs some TLC to get her up and treadling.
Oh she is so beautiful and your hubby is a great guy indeed!!! That is the later version of mine that I have in the garage needing a good clean up. At least the irons are finished!!

If you give me the serial number off of it I can date the machine for you. The serial maybe located on the needlebar and on the bed of the machine depending on the year. I can not believe you have the needles to go with it also!! That is a find in itself. ;)

Billy
Billy the number stamped on the bed of the machine under the front slide plate is Y 2506488. I'm am glad that I got those needles because my DH said that he remembered the name from them. He told me he paid $30.00 for the whole machine. I am retiring at the end of April so he told me I needed another project machine to keep me busy. I think he is catching the same disease the rest of us have.