Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
David Went- check this out!!June Tailor Shape Cut Ruler= Perfect strips!! >

David Went- check this out!!June Tailor Shape Cut Ruler= Perfect strips!!

David Went- check this out!!June Tailor Shape Cut Ruler= Perfect strips!!

Old 03-02-2011, 07:44 AM

I bought one about a year ago when I was doing a LoneStar quilt, then forgot it. I was getting ready to cut binding and remember I had the shape cut ruler. I cut all my binding with this tool. GREAT
Old 03-02-2011, 07:45 AM

UGH! JoAnn's DID have it on sale for $23.99, but when I tried to put it into my cart it showed up full price. Now it is no longer marked as being on sale. :(
Old 03-02-2011, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Wow, friends, this ruler is awesome!! I am FINALLY starting my floral log cabin ala Karla and now Deb.
I've been collecting florals for several months and have some nice fabric to work with.
I bought the ruler at Joanne's w/ a coupon but actually forgot about it. Does that tell you the condition of my sewing room??? hehehe
Anyway, I'm off and running with strips! It also has many other shapes you can cut and is very affordable!!
Hugs to all, Sue :D
Please someone out there help me. You are all raving about this ruler and I have no idea what it is??? Could someone please let me know what is called(what type of ruler) and why and what you do with it that is different from other rulers. I can't figure it out from the photo.
Thanks, Helpless in Garnet Valley, PA
Old 03-02-2011, 08:02 AM

WOW, those prints are out of this world!!!!!! I'll have to try the mat.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by dcamarote
Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Wow, friends, this ruler is awesome!! I am FINALLY starting my floral log cabin ala Karla and now Deb.
I've been collecting florals for several months and have some nice fabric to work with.
I bought the ruler at Joanne's w/ a coupon but actually forgot about it. Does that tell you the condition of my sewing room??? hehehe
Anyway, I'm off and running with strips! It also has many other shapes you can cut and is very affordable!!
Hugs to all, Sue :D
Please someone out there help me. You are all raving about this ruler and I have no idea what it is??? Could someone please let me know what is called(what type of ruler) and why and what you do with it that is different from other rulers. I can't figure it out from the photo.
Thanks, Helpless in Garnet Valley, PA
Go back to page 3 and look at the June Tailor video. Nancysnotions.com also has a video demonstrating it. Easier than trying to explain. I am going to order the Pro & the Plus.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:26 AM

AGREED! I think the June Tailor cutting ruler is the very best tool I have ever purchased.
Mine is nearly worn out and I need a new one.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:38 AM

I've had one for years, and I always, always get the wobble, or indent, where the fabric fold is. I PRESS down as hard as I can when I cut through that area, too, but it never works and I get that slight "hourglass" shape in my strips where the fold is :(

I've had one for years, and I always, always get the wobble, or indent, where the fabric fold is. I PRESS down as hard as I can when I cut through that area, too, but it never works and I get that slight "hourglass" shape in my strips where the fold is :(

The best ruler around. I have had mine for just over a year and I hardly use any of my others since I got it. I have the 18" one and a smaller one, I could never be without them.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:39 AM

oooooo i could use one of those. my strips never come out perfect