Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pinwheel Project to start Feb 10, 2011  NEW >

Pinwheel Project to start Feb 10, 2011 NEW

Pinwheel Project to start Feb 10, 2011 NEW

Old 03-02-2011, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by missgigglewings
I wish I had seen this in Feb. I wanna do this..waaaa
Join in. You just have to bring a note from home explaining why you were late. :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:
Old 03-02-2011, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by missgigglewings
I wish I had seen this in Feb. I wanna do this..waaaa
Join in. You just have to bring a note from home explaining why you were late.
Come on in! We are only up to day 21! If you sew the way these ladies are sewing you could be caught up in no time.

I'll even excuse you from bring the note!
:-D
Old 03-02-2011, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by CherryPie
ErinMarie....those are awesome. I think you should keep going with those colors. You will have a beautiful quilt when you finish. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Ditto Erin, your pinwheels look fabulous!
Old 03-02-2011, 05:37 PM

My mom is 84 and can't remember why I am late getting started. I am 64 and I can't remember either!

S00000.....I am going to start playing catch up tomorrow with some charm packs I have been saving!
Old 03-02-2011, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
Okay, 10:15 AM; is it wine o'clock yet?!?!? I am so frustrated! I am trying to quilt the QFK quilt with pinwheels on the embroidery machine, started Sunday on the Topaz with the design on the memory stick. The 3rd block I did, the design was not centered when finished. Yes, I had it centered before starting. So out came the stitches, then down to the computer and the Diamond. New needle, same thread, shredding before completing one design; changed to embroidery needle from quilting needle; still shredding. Finally got back to it today with different thread, cotton quilting thread; still shredding. Changed to topstitching needle, did one motif without shredding. Next square, shredding. I am going nuts. Any suggestions I would welcome at this point!!!!
I find that having the thread vertical instead of horizontal & the topstitch needle & a little sewers aid off & on helps alot. Is the inside of your bobbin area clean? And the little wick area in there oiled (if yours takes it)? Hope this helps...good luck!
Old 03-02-2011, 06:16 PM

I love your colors Erin Marie they look so bright and cheery going to make a beautiful quilt.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:34 PM

Somehow I got off the E-Mail notification list. I have a lot to catch up on.

i'll be back..............
Old 03-02-2011, 07:45 PM

I would love to do this, but the only thing I can be counted on to do every day is brush my teeth.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by VickiM
Originally Posted by grann of 6
Okay, 10:15 AM; is it wine o'clock yet?!?!? I am so frustrated! I am trying to quilt the QFK quilt with pinwheels on the embroidery machine, started Sunday on the Topaz with the design on the memory stick. The 3rd block I did, the design was not centered when finished. Yes, I had it centered before starting. So out came the stitches, then down to the computer and the Diamond. New needle, same thread, shredding before completing one design; changed to embroidery needle from quilting needle; still shredding. Finally got back to it today with different thread, cotton quilting thread; still shredding. Changed to topstitching needle, did one motif without shredding. Next square, shredding. I am going nuts. Any suggestions I would welcome at this point!!!!
I find that having the thread vertical instead of horizontal & the topstitch needle & a little sewers aid off & on helps alot. Is the inside of your bobbin area clean? And the little wick area in there oiled (if yours takes it)? Hope this helps...good luck!
The thread is vertical; not supposed to use sewers aid in these new electronic machines. Bobbin area is clean. Don't oil computerized machines. I think the problem is mainly due to the thread and needle going through the seams of the pinwheels; determined by where the stitches are skipping and the thread is shredding. I think the microtex needle is going to solve the problem. We'll see when I work on it later this morning. Thanks for the help.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Roseysue
Somehow I got off the E-Mail notification list. I have a lot to catch up on.

i'll be back..............
That email notification is the pits! I have it all turned off since it's not reliable anyway.
There will be at least one post on this topic every day until we are done, I promise!
:-D