Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am >

weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

Old 03-02-2011, 09:58 PM

I haven't posted as I'm not getting updates. So good night everyone. Carol
Old 03-03-2011, 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by NannySandy
I am an August baby. But 1 of my daughters and 3 of my granddaughters have March birthdays.

I'm so excited!!! I'm packing, heading to FL this afternoon. Will be with my kids/grands for the next few weeks. I can hardly wait to see them! I bought Kayla, my 11 yr old DGD, a sewing machine for Christmas, as she wants to learn to quilt. She has been sewing her squares together. We will work on her quilt while I am there. I have GOT to have a picture taken of us quilting together. Oh, my scales are packed to go with me. Have a good day~ Sandy
Sandy, have a wonderful trip. I hope you won't be near those awful fires. Could never get my daughter interested in sewing/quilting, but she wishes now (at 27) that she did. I hope my grandaughter does.

And yes, we expect pictures!
Old 03-03-2011, 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by purplemem
Okay, this may be too much information, but,
last night I put on a beautiful black lace nightgown I had bought 5 years ago and NEVER WORN. When I bought it, I could not get it over my stomach. Last night it fit beautifully.

That was nice!
How long did you have it on for before hubby pull it off of you? :shock: :shock: Now that's the reall test if your clothes/nighties come off quicker. :lol: :lol:
Not Very Long, and that's ALL the information you will get!
WOOHOO!! ATTA GIRL!!
Old 03-03-2011, 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by DonnaD
Tru, Put me in for March. I know the thingy said 8am but I think I told you on the February poster that I would still be in for March. Everybody will want to know how much of what I lost will come back to visit me. lol

I started the no soda yesterday morning. Made it 27 hours with no soda, then I fell off the wagon... but I'm back on. I now have been without soda for 6 hours and counting... :roll:
Donna, I'm rooting for you girl.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
So sorry guys for being MIA. I have been consumed with this diet/exercise thing I have to do. I have to lose thirty pounds before March 31. It is extreme but it is what the surgeon is requiring of me. *sigh*

I am on a full liquid diet now and I am supplementing my diet with bottles of water.

The shakes taste great and I am having one every 4 hours.

This is not a diet for the faint at heart because it is so extreme but it is what is necessary to shrink my liver and get me under 400 pounds.

I am under ALOT of medical supervision so you can rest knowing I am not going half-cocked on some weird diet because I am not.

I am going to go weigh in again on Friday to see how this is working.

I am taking a yoga/exercise class twice a week and doing my sittercise dvd twice to three times a day. So, God willing, I will lose the 30 pounds so I can have the surgery.

I promise I will keep you guys more updated on how things are going. I sure do miss you guys!

Missy
Missy, we miss you too. Keeping you in my prayers. As you said, not for the faint of heart. Look how strong you are!
Old 03-03-2011, 04:03 AM

How is everyone today? Tru seems to be on a tear. How hard will she be to live with when the next 30 come off? lol

Starting tomorrow I am gonna begin tapering my DP and only allow myself one can daily starting on Monday. Should have already done this - I have a mammogram coming up and don't need to arrive with tender tissue. Starting today, I will drink 8 cups of water and going for a walk later this morning.

Carrie, I hope you are better this morning. I don't remember having that problem when I got off the Prednisone, nor being ravenous. I pray you shake this soon!
Old 03-03-2011, 04:21 AM

Good morning!
Lynne, good to see you this morning. I drink 1 diet soda a day, then water. I hope to exercise today. I just can't seem to get my body moving.

I hope we all have a good choice day.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:35 AM

Hi Everyone,

it was great reading all the posts this morning....you are all good motivators!

Keep it up!

Bonnie
Old 03-03-2011, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
I don't take bedtime pills or any pills for that matter so I didn't even think of the fact they have to take time to work.

As for me being mean, or tough you bet I am how the heck do you think we all lose weight on this thread?

While you turn your head and call ham sandwich.......I am screaming on top of my lungs...........get to bed fat a**!!!!!!!!!!!
I wish I didn't take meds..... but after years of fighting it... no bedtime pills = no sleep. So , I have resigned myself to nighttime pills.... sigh

BTW .... I am now taking my MORNIG pills, BLAH..........

we will see how touch u are , IF I lose wt..... ( I only had that one half ham sandwich... and I GOTTA eat something!) I've never been one to diet, so this is a first for me ( obviously according to my size...)
I bought carrots at the store.... SEE, I am trying. <smirk>
My name is dee and I"m a carbaholic. ( is there a 12 step program for me?)
Old 03-03-2011, 07:05 AM

Good morning everyone. I made it safe and sound to FL. (The fires are the next county over) Thank the Lord for my safe trip! Got to my daughter's house right at midnight. When I left my house, I did not stop for anything, not even to pee, which I know wasn't good, but.....

I've always liked to eat and munch while on the road, but not last night. I brought 2 bottles of water with me and drank those. I made it in 7 1/2 hrs, which is good time. Everybody was asleep when I got here. I let myself in with my key. I crawled into bed next to my precious GD, Kayla (the one learning to quilt). She woke up and kept hugging me. Karli had gone to sleep on Kaylas floor, waiting on me to get in. She roused up, smiled and went right back to sleep. Kayla and I talked and giggled until 1:30 this morning. When Madison (2 yrs old) saw me this morning, she squealed with excitement. Now, that made this Nanny's heart happy. My Grands always make me feel so good when they get excited over seeing me.

I will be working remote, on my laptop, from my daughter's today and tomorrow, but have to go into the office next week. I best get off the computer and get back to work. I hope you all have a good day and an easy time of making healthy food choices.

Oh, MJ, I am proud of you and your "nightie" fitting! You go girl! Have a good day~ Sandy