Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
New Baltimore Album Quilt starts today >

New Baltimore Album Quilt starts today

New Baltimore Album Quilt starts today

Old 03-03-2011, 07:12 AM

Do you know where I can find tips for using dark backgrounds ? Thanks for the encouraging words. ;)
Old 03-03-2011, 07:47 AM

I personally like the purple flowers and your centers. I like the fact that everything isn't symetrical too...i.e. purples aren't opposite each other, etc. If you use the purple in another block, it will connect to the center block just fine!!! Nice job!!!
Old 03-03-2011, 10:25 AM

Thank you vgakathi for taking the time and your opinion it mean a lot to me have a great day :)
Old 03-03-2011, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by kimscruzer
Do you know where I can find tips for using dark backgrounds ? Thanks for the encouraging words. ;)

Use brighter colors, to show. Otherwise, the only. Difficulty is marking placement. Use a fineliine white marker, clover makes. One

Baltimore applique society. Has a website, just. Type. In baltimore album & you will get to it. Good. Reading
Old 03-03-2011, 10:35 AM

I finally got my block done last night but I can't post pictures as I have no camera. Anyway, I couldn't do the needle turn because I couldn't see the lines so I used Eleanor's way of using the fusable Pellon for creating all of the pieces. That way I could take them to work and turn them on my lunch hour. The small circles didn't work with the Pellon. I ended up using fusible to get the circles on. I hope that is okay. I did sew everything but the circles by hand to the background. The circles I sewed on by machine with a blanket stitch. First time and it doesn't look too bad, if I say so myself. I hope I am allowed to do it this way? Also, the hand sewing gave me two fingers with giant holes on my left hand where the needle poked on the under side; when one got too sore to use, I switched to a different finger. I am glad I have time before the next one to heal. Thanks for listening.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by BonniFeltz
Hope you feel better soid soon. I cracked up when you said, reinforcement circles ! :lol:
I have a great brother. He brought them over and said "umm. are THESE what you wanted?" After I gave him a hug he said "guess so". He went away happy also after I gave him a hug and leftover pork roast. I think he was happier with the pork roast but never turns down my hugs. LOL
Glad to see. You back Bonni,, hope. You feel. Better soon.

I laughted till I peed over the circles, a dieheart. Quilter. They will. Be. Taking a needle. & thread out of. My hands as they close. My coffin!

Get well soon
Old 03-03-2011, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Rumbols
I finally got my block done last night but I can't post pictures as I have no camera. Anyway, I couldn't do the needle turn because I couldn't see the lines so I used Eleanor's way of using the fusable Pellon for creating all of the pieces. That way I could take them to work and turn them on my lunch hour. The small circles didn't work with the Pellon. I ended up using fusible to get the circles on. I hope that is okay. I did sew everything but the circles by hand to the background. The circles I sewed on by machine with a blanket stitch. First time and it doesn't look too bad, if I say so myself. I hope I am allowed to do it this way? Also, the hand sewing gave me two fingers with giant holes on my left hand where the needle poked on the under side; when one got too sore to use, I switched to a different finger. I am glad I have time before the next one to heal. Thanks for listening.

You. Doo your quilt any. Way. You choose, there is no right or. Wrong way, just. Have. Fun!

You should. See my fingers after all. The years I have hand sewn, there are. Permanent dips & calauses
Old 03-03-2011, 11:05 AM

Is there a good online fabric store to get some good batiks at reasonable prices? I just got back from Hancocks . All they had were a few fat quarters.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:17 AM

Hi kimscruzer i found this link some where they have nice batiks

http://www.hancocks-paducah.com/Item...c-Sale--m-3761

Is there a good online fabric store to get some good batiks at reasonable prices? I just got back from Hancocks . All they had were a few fat quarters.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by capucine
Hi kimscruzer i found this link some where they have nice batiks

http://www.hancocks-paducah.com/Item...c-Sale--m-3761

Nice link! I didn't know that one before but love Batik's. Thanks for sharing.