Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Thinking Outside the Block by toadusew - Black and White quilt top >

Thinking Outside the Block by toadusew - Black and White quilt top

Thinking Outside the Block by toadusew - Black and White quilt top

Old 10-22-2010, 10:57 AM

I'm inspired by the quilts I've seen. I've bookmarked them and plan to do another black and white quilt after Christmas. The one Black, white, and red quilt I did make was a in Turning Twenty, Book 3 by Tricia Cribbs. Good luck.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:19 AM

Finally finished my outside the block. The quilter did a beautiful job on it too.

My kingsize thinking outside the block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]163268[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-163263.jpe
Views:	402
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	163268   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-163795.jpe
Views:	378
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	163800  
Old 03-03-2011, 09:22 AM

Really pretty.....I've been seeing a lot of black and white quilts lately.....and I've loved all of them. Must put on my ever growing to do list.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:25 AM

I think one of my cats is in every picture I take of my quilts. They like to have their pictures taken and they love the quilts too.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:40 AM

Oh BOY isn't that GORGEOUS! Interesting that there is another thread running on Black and whites and 'zingers'.

Zoey - you should email that to Chloe Anderson at toadusew....
Old 03-03-2011, 11:23 AM

Good idea I'll send her a picture of it. Didn't get the zingers remark? Can you comment on that. My quilt really looks like your avatar so if you posted a picture of it here on the board there is a good chance I got my color scheme from you and if so thanks for sharing your beautiful picture first. I just looked up outside the block pictures and it is your quilt that so inspired me so many thanks for sharing.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:34 PM

Wow - another winner! All the black and white versions we've seen everyone doing of our Thinking Outside the block on the forum actually inspired us to take a stab at making a new sample of our own in black and white of this pattern...

It took us a while to find just the right fabric collection, but we finally got it all picked out a couple of weeks ago. Hoping to have it finished by the end of the month, can't wait to share it with you all and hear what you think :-)

Thanx for being such a great source of creative inspiration everyone!
Old 03-03-2011, 12:40 PM

What a great quilt! And nice that you got him involved in choosing the colors... terrific combination!
Old 03-03-2011, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by zoey
Good idea I'll send her a picture of it. Didn't get the zingers remark? Can you comment on that. My quilt really looks like your avatar so if you posted a picture of it here on the board there is a good chance I got my color scheme from you and if so thanks for sharing your beautiful picture first. I just looked up outside the block pictures and it is your quilt that so inspired me so many thanks for sharing.
Oh NICE that Chloe replied! Can't wait to see the new quilt! Zoey - the 'zinger' remark is on another thread called 'Black and White Quilts' - someone was asking whether they should insert a third color into a black and white - you should have SEEN the flurry of responses - black and white quilts apparently really inspire all of us ! (I'm doing another one but this time with Baltimore Album, hahaha) :mrgreen:
Old 03-03-2011, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by chloe-toadusew
Wow - another winner! All the black and white versions we've seen everyone doing of our Thinking Outside the block on the forum actually inspired us to take a stab at making a new sample of our own in black and white of this pattern...

It took us a while to find just the right fabric collection, but we finally got it all picked out a couple of weeks ago. Hoping to have it finished by the end of the month, can't wait to share it with you all and hear what you think :-)

Thanx for being such a great source of creative inspiration everyone!
I just emailed you pictures of my 2 different quilts I made from your Dimensions quilt pattern. I loved making it and thank you for your encouraging comments.