Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 03-04-2011, 02:13 AM

Hi great, great blocks and the Grey works well just shows that the vibrance of the applique works on all backgrounds.

I was going to go out and get my patterns made larger, however the weather is against me we are in the middle of a horrendous thunderstorm, too dangerous to drive its lashing down, hopefully will be better tomorrow.

I am loving all the colourways, we are going to have so many individual takes on this quilt its going to be exciting to watch.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:29 AM
Power Poster

Hey, that doesn't seem fair. If you count me having fabric and pattern, but not started, I had LOADS of UFO's and probably not enough time to do them all...sigh...I shall just have to live to 200. (With all my faculties of course). As long as they can wheel my chair in front of the machine, I shall be OK, won't I?

Now so many of you are coming up with variations of the AOTH, my regular one is beginning to seem dull. Nevertheless, I will soldier on, as I haven't ever done a black background.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:47 AM

Lesley: I am with you; I am doing a basic one...
but just as I am diligent about adding to my UFO collection :) I am dedicated to having the largest stash in the the world!!! :twisted: So instead of taking out of my box of batiks I am purchasing a BOM from Along Came Quilting. :oops: I guess I still have a hard time thinking of hacking those pretty fabrics apart so time to buy new ones :thumbup:
Old 03-04-2011, 04:24 AM

Lesley, I will be joining you with my black backgrounds & batiks in just a short time!!! My plate is almost empty & I'm ready for dessert!

I am hoping to post a tute on how I applique this weekend! The log cabin top is finished. Copies are made. Just need to write out the directions, etc. & get that copied. Am sewing down the binding on the quilt for my next door neighbor, should finish that tonight. Warden hasn't said a word about the quilt he wants made, so that's good. I am anxious to try couching that Razzle Dazzle thread. I haven't done it before, but thought it would work nicely.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:25 AM

Good Luck with the razzle dazzle sounds good to me. Looking forward to the tute as well.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:13 AM
Power Poster

Kathy, I was thinking about the Razzle Dazzle...I think I will try using it as if it were a regular embroidery thread and sew it by hand...stem stitch.....?????

Lesley, I don't think there is anything "basic" about this quilt, it will be gorgeous no matter how you do it! I'm just going different because well...I'm weird and I wanted it to finish up a certain size, now I can't explain these other gals...they might just all be weird..LOL!!!

So sorry about the rain delay Elle...someone is telling you to get busy on Jane instead of wandering off to something new. :wink:
Old 03-04-2011, 08:56 AM
Banned

Patti, tell me again what the background fabric you picked is. I'll look for some.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:55 AM
Power Poster

Gai, its Summer's End by Buggy Barn for Henry Glass # 1299. I'm thinking thats its probably an older collection that this lady had before opening up her quilt store. I'm not sure. I'm not going to worry..yet...I kinda like it with the contrasting blocks that will feature some trapunto and a little extra quilting. But...if you run across some, I'd be happy to have that extra "cusion" just in case, ya' know??
Old 03-04-2011, 11:18 AM

Patti, Is this a flannel fabric?? Also their should be a number after the 1299, which gives the actual colour of the fabric.

Just having a surf around for you

Elle
Old 03-04-2011, 03:09 PM
Power Poster

Is this it, Patti?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Fabric-BTY-H-Gla...item56415c6577