45 record

Old 03-03-2011, 07:37 PM

They are coming back, esp. with the younger crowd. I had to stop at a record shop in Orlando for my son on our way home from Mass a few weeks ago.Go figure !!
Originally Posted by Lois-nounoe
I just heard that vinyl records are coming back! The stores are suppose to start carrying the record players again. What's old is new again! I wonder when the old 78s will too. I got a bunch that we played on an old wind up player. Oldest son took the player but I got a bunch of the records. Even got one that is only recorded on one side!
Old 03-03-2011, 08:49 PM

i still have a few of mone from when i was younger , my favorite was alvin and the chipmunks!! ( the old one)
Old 03-03-2011, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Connie in CO
We found in our records a old 45.Elvis Presley Hound Dog.
Collectors Item! Protect it!
Old 03-03-2011, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Connie in CO
We found in our records a old 45.Elvis Presley Hound Dog.
My daughter has my old turntable and 45 of Love Me Tender. She has never heard the end of the song though. I used it for a lullaby when she was a baby because I am tone deaf and sing awful. Still puts her out. She is 35 this year.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:21 PM

I still have a lot of albums and 45's but no way to play them. I have seen machines that will convert them to cd's and I am watching for a good sale on one so I will still be able to listen to all that classic music. I have a lot of Elvis too, you gotta love him.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by TanyaLynn
I have about 25 of those 45 records that I want to get rid of. I don't want to give them to Goodwill, I don't do garage sales. The antique stores aren't buying as the market is down. I think I might just as well throw them away and save my children the job of doing it when I'm gone. They were my mother's. I have had so much trouble getting rid of her things that I'm trying to not leave my children such an onerous chore. I just had my 70th birthday and realize I won't be keeping house forever.
Donate to church or kids group for crafts.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by the real misfit
i have someone interested my dad is a record collector and would love to know the names of the records you have if you could post them i will show him he has been doing this all his life please if you want to send the list private my email [email protected]
I only have the one Elvis 45,it's Hound Dog on one side the other side is Don't be Cruel.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by the real misfit
i have someone interested my dad is a record collector and would love to know the names of the records you have if you could post them i will show him he has been doing this all his life please if you want to send the list private my email [email protected]
Who was this directed to? I have 45's , some 78's most are 33 1/3's. Postage would be expensive for him.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by clem55
I confess to worse than that. I have old 78's.mostly mine,but some that were given to me that are old albums.Would you believe Bing Crosby's White Christmas,or InkSpot albums? I hate getting rid of them, but they were used so much I dont think they would be considered collectables,but probably would be in good shape. I've got so many from the early 50's, and some from the 40's,like the Andrew Sisters,Glenn Miller,Benny Goodman.,etc.I know my kids will toss them, but I just can't make myself do that.
We still have the same, from my mother's 78's to my 45's to my big wide vinyls and some great music.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:34 PM

tanya this message was ment for you he has collected all his life and everytime he gets a chance to try and save a little history in records he does it. the postal service has what they call a flat rate box they should fit in there if you are interested find out how much it would cost to send them and i will pay for them and also if you could post what you have that would help me greatly dad already hs a lot of commons and he was wondering if they where commons but very interested please