Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Right now, this very moment, this is what my sewing room/space looks like >

Right now, this very moment, this is what my sewing room/space looks like

Right now, this very moment, this is what my sewing room/space looks like

Old 03-04-2011, 09:17 AM

Can I take you up on that offer to help me with my room? I have re-arranged all my stuff for the last 2 weekends. It still looks the same. If you a limited space and too much stuff it will always look the same. My goal is to use up all the stuff I have bought. My LQS is giving a " stash buster class" but all the patterns seem to require matching fabrics and use only 2 -3 fabrics. I think every one of the patterns so far have required that I needed to buy more fabrics to go with something I really wondered why I had bought it in the first place. I made a quilt for the class had to buy $40 worth of background fabric to go with the ugly fabric in my stash - end result- the ugliest quilt I have ever seen!! I 'm embrassed to even donate to charity!! I'm thinking of just giving some things away. Told my hubby if I die no one gets into my sewing room -how sad is that?
Old 03-04-2011, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Ms Elaine Va
Can I take you up on that offer to help me with my room? I have re-arranged all my stuff for the last 2 weekends. It still looks the same. If you a limited space and too much stuff it will always look the same. My goal is to use up all the stuff I have bought. My LQS is giving a " stash buster class" but all the patterns seem to require matching fabrics and use only 2 -3 fabrics. I think every one of the patterns so far have required that I needed to buy more fabrics to go with something I really wondered why I had bought it in the first place. I made a quilt for the class had to buy $40 worth of background fabric to go with the ugly fabric in my stash - end result- the ugliest quilt I have ever seen!! I 'm embrassed to even donate to charity!! I'm thinking of just giving some things away. Told my hubby if I die no one gets into my sewing room -how sad is that?
ROFL - too funny!
Old 03-04-2011, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by aorlflood
Originally Posted by sweetp2dt
Originally Posted by aorlflood
A couple weeks ago I cleaned my sewing room and posted pictures on my blog. I had cleaned up the sewing room because I had company coming.

Well...the company has come and gone and I have not yet started any new projects, yet, so the room still looks the same right now:

http://365daysotherramblings.blogspo...wing-room.html
Saw your blog and it looks very nice! I love your sense of humor in your quotes. Chuckle Chuckle!
Thank you so much! Glad I was able to add some humor to your day! :)

(edited to make change...lol)
Old 03-04-2011, 11:08 AM

Well, Praise The Lord! Here I was wishing I could have a wonderfully neat quilting space like everyone else on here has. Now I know I'm in good company, but I'm probaby messier than anyone else. I hate my messes, but I just stand there and don't even know where to start getting it all straightened up. I'll even bet there are more of us "messy" ones than there there are super neat ones. My 48 yr. old son says that the first thing he is going to do after I die is have a dumpster pulled up to the door and start cleaning house. Now, that's real love isn't it?
Old 03-04-2011, 11:28 AM

I have a quilting corner in my guest bedroom. Whats bad is I have to move things into the closet when we have guests. That you can't get a toe into . I had such plans for that small walkin closet. Bought the plastic drawers for fabric. But by the time I got other things in there I can hardly open the drawers. I keep wishing that the quilting fairy would come by during the night and tap her magic wand in the closet and set it all straight . So far she hasn't done it. lol And after looking at some of the photos I can see she is slacking in her job lol.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
Just to make you guys feel better, here is a picture of my cutting table, piled up with, yes a mink coat, a lynx jacket, and several packages of newly purchased batting. We won't even talk about what is underneath that stuff. A friend wants me to see if I can repair a coat & a jacket she bought at an auction. No, they are not mine.
OMG, I about fell off my chair laughing at the caption of "unmentionables drying in the background". That is soooooooo funny! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 03-04-2011, 02:31 PM

I guess I am unique. My sewing machine is in front of my window in the living room. My stach is in a closet( floor to ceiling). My batting is under the bed in our guest bedroom. I cut the stuff out on my table, so only one stepis done at a time and the project at hand is on the sewing machine. It works for my hubby and me Yes he alsomakes quilts. He has 4 ready to sew I have 2
Old 03-04-2011, 03:03 PM

There's no way around it. Quilting makes a mess (just ask my hubby who spent a good hour trying to get all the threads out of the central vac brush) But, I make a mess as I'm sewing but can only stand the mess for a short time. Sometimes I just have to stop and put away a few things so I can clear my mind. I am not a neatnick but I have to have some type of order. Some days I walk in my sewing room and wonder why I didn't hear the bomb. I absolutely have to have my stash orderly...that's a must. To each their own: we just want to sew.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:07 PM

I am at my daughter's home, so my cutting table is in my bedroom and I've taken over the dining room for sewing and ironing. Of course, I have only been here a week, so it's still pretty clean!

Sewing & ironing
[ATTACH=CONFIG]134348[/ATTACH]

Cutting
[ATTACH=CONFIG]134352[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-134343.jpe
Views:	136
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	134348   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-134347.jpe
Views:	107
Size:	50.0 KB