Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am >

weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

Old 03-04-2011, 09:55 AM

Sandy,
I had the same initial reservations that you have, but I decided if I wanted to really make this a priority in my life, I needed more exposure to my goals.

Congrats on your loss. I'm looking forward to watching your numbers, too.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:59 AM

That's my thinking... if EVERYONE in the world sees my progress (or lack of) I may be more accountable...
Ok, I changed my starting date weight and put in my current weight. Now we'll see if I can get the butterfly to go down to the bouquet of 97 flowers :D
Old 03-04-2011, 10:06 AM

Go back to your ticker and change your beginning weight to your FIRST weight. The date will be wrong but it will have your correct chart.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:18 AM

This wt loss thread has been wonderful for me. Coming on here, several times a day to read people's notes and such, keeps me grounded and on track.

Thanks to all of you for participating in this thread, posting encouraging notes, successes, food and exercise tips, and cheers. Tru, thanks for starting the wt loss threads! We can all win the "battle of the bulge", no matter how long it takes us to reach our goals. Just being on the right track is what matters. There are days we may stray off course, but if/when that happens, we just gotta pick ourselves up, dust off our britches and get back on the weight loss wagon. Sandy
Old 03-04-2011, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I'm gonna have to do the fitnesspal thing too as soon as I get a chance to breathe.
Hi Carrie, I have wondered where you were and how you were feeling. You sound busy?
Old 03-04-2011, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by lauriejo
Donna you might want to change what you tell yourself about soda. Speaking for myself, If I say I won't drink Pepsi anymore I absolutely crave it. If I tell myself I just won't have it right now, I don't miss it.

To make a long story longer, when I was in my 20's I was drinking AT LEAST one carton of Pepsi a day. At that time it was the 6 packs of 16 oz bottles. In addition I was not eating much. Most days I would have a pack or two of those cheese and peanut butter crackers. (5'7" and 105 lbs yikes) Needless to say it didn't go well. I ruined my stomach, doctor put me on an ulcer diet. I was on that diet for 3 months, and lost about 10 pounds. I went through hell with the shakes and headaches and the whole nine yards, that went away after about a week. But, I craved Pepsi every minute of every day for three months because I knew I couldn't have it. The food I didn't really care about since I wasn't really eating anyway. To this day, 30 years later, I still have to be careful about what I eat. But, I know I can have a Pepsi anytime I want. So I don't even think about it some days.

Oh and I have never been able to tolerate diet drinks of any kind, so I always drink the regular.
Laurie,
Sounds like you had a hard time.

I wish I could do it your way but I have a history of addictions and I can't tell myself I can have one occasionally because it will literally put me back to square one every single time. I have to go cold turkey or just not go. I hate it but when I get past this withdrawal then I do have the will power to stay away. I know that I am strong enough to keep doing this if I just convince my body and my mind that I am serious. I have to kick my own butt quite often...

I'm past the 48 hour mark. Today I could barely get out of bed. I am headachy and nauseus and very cranky. My muscles are aching and I'm having muscle spasms. I even have a low-grade fever. I feel like I have a bad case of flu. All of this is telling me I should have given the soda up a long time ago. This has been just as harmful to me as smoking was... and drinking... and pot... and etc... I have to just say no.

Too bad we can't do that with food. We have to eat or we die. For someone like me that makes dieting pure H***. That's why I'm glad you guys started this. It makes me feel like I have to be accountable. I'm good at being accountable.

Donna
Old 03-04-2011, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
bluteddi..........i am sure it was a ham sandwich calling your name not a carrot. By the way what is your name?????

missy it is good to see you here today. i like that.......a black nighty to the gas station now why didn't i think of that? it must be a GREAT way to pick up guys!!!!!! however i like wearing a tee shirt and thong with flip flops.
If I wore a thong we might never find it again. LOL!

Missy
Old 03-04-2011, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Originally Posted by trupeach1
bluteddi..........i am sure it was a ham sandwich calling your name not a carrot. By the way what is your name?????

missy it is good to see you here today. i like that.......a black nighty to the gas station now why didn't i think of that? it must be a GREAT way to pick up guys!!!!!! however i like wearing a tee shirt and thong with flip flops.
If I wore a thong we might never find it again. LOL!
well if your like me they just say open wide at the Dentist and think is Floss I left in
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Old 03-04-2011, 12:59 PM

lovin this month I 'm motivated Reading everything you gals are doing. Have given up most carbs and diet coke,drinking lots of water. guess the exercise is going to the bathroom :D felt crappy at first but a little better now detox who knew! down 4 lbs I'm thinking alot of water wt. wooohooooo lets see how it evens out :thumbup:
Old 03-04-2011, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by DonnaD
Originally Posted by lauriejo
Donna you might want to change what you tell yourself about soda. Speaking for myself, If I say I won't drink Pepsi anymore I absolutely crave it. If I tell myself I just won't have it right now, I don't miss it.

To make a long story longer, when I was in my 20's I was drinking AT LEAST one carton of Pepsi a day. At that time it was the 6 packs of 16 oz bottles. In addition I was not eating much. Most days I would have a pack or two of those cheese and peanut butter crackers. (5'7" and 105 lbs yikes) Needless to say it didn't go well. I ruined my stomach, doctor put me on an ulcer diet. I was on that diet for 3 months, and lost about 10 pounds. I went through hell with the shakes and headaches and the whole nine yards, that went away after about a week. But, I craved Pepsi every minute of every day for three months because I knew I couldn't have it. The food I didn't really care about since I wasn't really eating anyway. To this day, 30 years later, I still have to be careful about what I eat. But, I know I can have a Pepsi anytime I want. So I don't even think about it some days.

Oh and I have never been able to tolerate diet drinks of any kind, so I always drink the regular.
Laurie,
Sounds like you had a hard time.

I wish I could do it your way but I have a history of addictions and I can't tell myself I can have one occasionally because it will literally put me back to square one every single time. I have to go cold turkey or just not go. I hate it but when I get past this withdrawal then I do have the will power to stay away. I know that I am strong enough to keep doing this if I just convince my body and my mind that I am serious. I have to kick my own butt quite often...

I'm past the 48 hour mark. Today I could barely get out of bed. I am headachy and nauseus and very cranky. My muscles are aching and I'm having muscle spasms. I even have a low-grade fever. I feel like I have a bad case of flu. All of this is telling me I should have given the soda up a long time ago. This has been just as harmful to me as smoking was... and drinking... and pot... and etc... I have to just say no.

Too bad we can't do that with food. We have to eat or we die. For someone like me that makes dieting pure H***. That's why I'm glad you guys started this. It makes me feel like I have to be accountable. I'm good at being accountable.

Donna
Wow! You are describing classic "Carb Flu"! It can be up to two weeks before you start feeling more like yourself.