Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
New Baltimore Album Quilt starts today >

New Baltimore Album Quilt starts today

New Baltimore Album Quilt starts today

Old 03-04-2011, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by nanaquilter
Originally Posted by BonniFeltz
Finished the center block. It might change later to improve parts of it. I know there is the theory that you shouldn't because you can see the changes. Haven't made up my mind yet on that.

The rest of the blocks will probably be done with fusible and hand stitched button hole. There are parts I would have liked to turn out better (like 90% of it) but I am still not displeased with it. If nothing else, I come away from this experience knowing that....

YES! I DID IT!

Very pretty. I love all the colors. Good job!

which, of course, means that I can do another one. :)

Oh, as a side note, the dark red flowers, the blue flowers, ALL the circles and the vase was all stitched after I came down with shingles.

Let's try this again - did't get my message in the right spot.Very pretty. I love all the colors. Good job! :
Old 03-04-2011, 05:08 PM

Finished the center block. It might change later to improve parts of it. I know there is the theory that you shouldn't because you can see the changes. Haven't made up my mind yet on that.

The rest of the blocks will probably be done with fusible and hand stitched button hole. There are parts I would have liked to turn out better (like 90% of it) but I am still not displeased with it. If nothing else, I come away from this experience knowing that....

Oh, as a side note, the dark red flowers, the blue flowers, ALL the circles and the vase was all stitched after I came down with shingles.
Yes you did, looks great Bonni,
Love the blue flowers, and the yellow centers really stand out nicely.

How did the circles work out for you? Did you use the hole reinforcements?

Great job while feel lousy, hope you're up and about real soon.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:10 PM

Heh Bon - its great - someday I'll get to do mine. Just gotta get some other stuff out of the way first.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:04 PM

YES! I DID IT!

WOW!!! absolutely beautiful - dont change a thing!!!
I really feel for you... had shingles when I was 15 a few months after my dad died. I still shudder whenever I have a burning sensation on my skin somewhere. One of the most painful 6wks of my life

Old 03-05-2011, 07:05 PM

how weird... it combine my reply to BonniFeltz'
Old 03-05-2011, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr
how weird... it combine my reply to BonniFeltz'
LOL. Computers are weird things. Thanks. Six weeks? Ouch. I'll go crazy (crazier?) if these scabs don't go away until then. yeah, the pain is/was not fun.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:10 AM

I can't believe it was over 40 years ago.... still have plenty of scars on the left side of my waistline. Remember my mom putting up a tv tray that kept the warm blankets from touching me - cuz it was freezing [altho not as cold as it gets in IL] and it hurt when I even felt something coming close. Doc said it was a real severe case...

just keep on quiltin!
Old 03-06-2011, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr
I can't believe it was over 40 years ago.... still have plenty of scars on the left side of my waistline. Remember my mom putting up a tv tray that kept the warm blankets from touching me - cuz it was freezing [altho not as cold as it gets in IL] and it hurt when I even felt something coming close. Doc said it was a real severe case...

just keep on quiltin!
Mine is all settled on the face and in the hairline. Of course it timed it so I have to see all the grey/white hair also and can't color it. :) I'll keep plugging along. Wont' be long now before the February block is up. :) Or would that be the March one. I get so confused sometimes. :)
Old 03-06-2011, 03:23 PM

Hey Woolie, it's. Almost the 8 th, where are You? Block. Is. Done & ready to post.. remember there will be a new. Thread For. March
Old 03-07-2011, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by jljack
Well, here is my center block all finished. I am doing machine applique with a narrow zigzag. I'm happy with it!! :-)
Nicely done! I love the seeing all the color combinations.

Thanks, Bonni...I love yours, too!! Can't wait to see the new block this week. Peg, we are all hanging here...let's go!!! :-)