Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
What is your Avatar about? >

What is your Avatar about?

What is your Avatar about?

Old 03-04-2011, 08:21 PM

Mine is of a quilt I made for my great nephew when he was born. It won a blue ribbon at a local country fair. When I gave my neice the quilt for the baby, I also gave her the ribbon.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:28 PM

These have been very interesting to read...everyone has a story. Mine is just a quilt I did for my Granddaughter. I happened to have just finished when I joined the board and so it got picked.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:39 PM

Mine is my little furbaby "B-bop" which is short for "Baby Bop". She is technically my duaghter's who named her after the little friend of Barney the Dinosaur's. She LOVED Barney when she was a little girl. We got her for Meg when she was almost 16 so you can imagine who took care of her after Meg started driving...LOL. So...now she's my baby.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:45 PM

My avatar is the second quilt I ever made. It is for my newest grandson - lots of primary colors. It was made out of flannel and cotton and a little more challenging than I needed to have.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:16 PM

mmmmmm, my avatar is me! in amigurumi, that is. ami is one of my other fav things to do, soooo ......
my younger ds says it does look like me!
Old 03-05-2011, 12:57 AM

well at the time of my first posting i could only move this photo of a blue wren picture i have real photos of a wren i may[when i work it out ]change the pic--i do love blue wrens
Old 03-05-2011, 03:28 AM

How many have held a hummingbird in their life time?Love those little Jewels....
Old 03-05-2011, 03:43 AM

I was making a baby quilt for our neighbors across the alley (their first) and I had laid the quilt on the floor to look at it very carefully. Bess, our Pointer/Lab, came over and sat on it like it belonged to her. She has done this with every quilt I have made, either laying down or sitting up! I figure if she likes it, it is all right. She is a diva, you know! Every quilt I make (you all know this), I write a little book with it telling about the day, the headlines, recipes, jokes, sayings and adages, the weather, what the block means or the design means, and mainly what the quilt means to me to give to someone else. Besides it keeping someone warm, it warms the cockles of my heart to give it to someone!

So, this is Miss Bess in her glory! And this is my avatar in whatever glory she has left with it! Edie
Old 03-05-2011, 03:49 AM

Mine is a picture of our 2 beautiful grand kids Madison 7 and DJ 5 years old.They grow up so much faster than our kids did.Dont ya think.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:03 AM

Right now mine is of my very first quilt. I made it for my DD, who is holding it and says...."please don't look at my crazy eyes". LOL I have also used the 2nd and 3rd quilt I made which are two crib quilts for a niece and nephew. I'm working on a quilt for my son now and will post pics soon.