Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Tutorials
Pillow cover for a Tapestry >

Pillow cover for a Tapestry

Pillow cover for a Tapestry

Old 02-20-2011, 07:57 PM

Location: Massachusetts / Vermont === Now in ==Green River Utah = Owner of GreenRiverKOA Campground

I used 6" over lap when I made mine .. that is for my living room pillows.. I use 4" to 6" for bed shams.. if this helps great ..or you can go to youtube type in what you like it will have a tute for that
Old 02-20-2011, 10:02 PM
Power Poster

Yikes. I don't know.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:25 PM

Ladybug 1938, when I made pillows at the drapery shop, I always used zippers and the case was cut exactly to the pillow mold size. If you are making your own muslin ones , stuff it full but not tight. Sew the stuffing in and then make the cases to fit. Attach zipper to bottom. If you have trouble inserting mold then wrap a flat piece plastic around it and shove them in the casing and pull plastic out and zip shut. It worked every time for me and my crew. It took all the struggle out of it. Shirley Anne
Old 02-21-2011, 07:39 AM

How nice! If you want zippers, just cut two pieces for the back (finished size that of the front) sew a zipper in with a little more than the seam allowance, open the zipper, sew the tops on, turn and viola! Done. Y
Old 02-21-2011, 12:31 PM

I agree. This tut is great.

Originally Posted by juneayerza
Try this video, it is an envelope pillow cover and I feel it is the best video on this subject I've seen.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCraft...29/FhZnHhbcN-Q
Old 03-02-2011, 04:54 PM

Thank you all for your advice and comments and url's, I have finished the pillow covers and they turned out just great...
Old 03-04-2011, 10:58 PM

I always used a zipper closure on mine. Make sure you use a measurement of about 4" extra for the width. Add an extra one inch length. Cut off 1/3 of width, serge or zigzag all the edges, then using a long bastingstitch, sew the two cut pieces back together with a 3/4" seam. Backstitch on each end about 3/4" and press seam open. On the backside, place your zipper upside down on top of the seam. Pin into place. Stitch zipper on both sides of the seam. Open Seam up to the backstitch. Hopefully you have placed the top of the zipper a little further down so you can unzip it. If your zipper is too long bar tack the end and cut to length. You don't want it in the seam allowance when putting the top on. Serge or zigzag edges of front piece, Put wrong sides togther centering front and stitch about 1/2" seam. around using a regular stitch length. For the corners, stitch on the diagonal about three or four stitches. Then continue on. Trim corner on diagonal. Put ina nice insert and enjoy :)