Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am >

weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

Old 03-04-2011, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by bluteddi
oh and BTW!!!!??

I've been dying to know..... ( was waiting until I knew u better... hehehehehe) WHY are u running after Missy and WHY does she have a turtle in her mouth?????

inquiring minds what to know.... oh heck.. who am I kidding... this BLONDE , nosey mind wants to know!!
sending you a PM
Oh dear Lord, it never entered my mind to ask but now I will not rest until I find out. Are we talking about a real turtle?

I am neither blonde nor nosey but I want to know to expand my knowledge base...
Old 03-04-2011, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by remclave
Originally Posted by DonnaD
Originally Posted by lauriejo
Donna you might want to change what you tell yourself about soda. Speaking for myself, If I say I won't drink Pepsi anymore I absolutely crave it. If I tell myself I just won't have it right now, I don't miss it.

To make a long story longer, when I was in my 20's I was drinking AT LEAST one carton of Pepsi a day. At that time it was the 6 packs of 16 oz bottles. In addition I was not eating much. Most days I would have a pack or two of those cheese and peanut butter crackers. (5'7" and 105 lbs yikes) Needless to say it didn't go well. I ruined my stomach, doctor put me on an ulcer diet. I was on that diet for 3 months, and lost about 10 pounds. I went through hell with the shakes and headaches and the whole nine yards, that went away after about a week. But, I craved Pepsi every minute of every day for three months because I knew I couldn't have it. The food I didn't really care about since I wasn't really eating anyway. To this day, 30 years later, I still have to be careful about what I eat. But, I know I can have a Pepsi anytime I want. So I don't even think about it some days.

Oh and I have never been able to tolerate diet drinks of any kind, so I always drink the regular.
Laurie,
Sounds like you had a hard time.

I wish I could do it your way but I have a history of addictions and I can't tell myself I can have one occasionally because it will literally put me back to square one every single time. I have to go cold turkey or just not go. I hate it but when I get past this withdrawal then I do have the will power to stay away. I know that I am strong enough to keep doing this if I just convince my body and my mind that I am serious. I have to kick my own butt quite often...

I'm past the 48 hour mark. Today I could barely get out of bed. I am headachy and nauseus and very cranky. My muscles are aching and I'm having muscle spasms. I even have a low-grade fever. I feel like I have a bad case of flu. All of this is telling me I should have given the soda up a long time ago. This has been just as harmful to me as smoking was... and drinking... and pot... and etc... I have to just say no.

Too bad we can't do that with food. We have to eat or we die. For someone like me that makes dieting pure H***. That's why I'm glad you guys started this. It makes me feel like I have to be accountable. I'm good at being accountable.

Donna
Wow! You are describing classic "Carb Flu"! It can be up to two weeks before you start feeling more like yourself.
Two weeks?!! I'm gonna need some help with this. I would go to the doctor but I feel to crappy to make the trip. I gotta go to work like this. They are not going to get much out of me for the next few days. And if I told them that they'd just say I never do anything anyway. I get no respect.....
Old 03-04-2011, 11:16 PM

When I gave up soda, then tea, the headache, and blah feeling only lasted about three days. But I have tapered down. I missed the caffine and sugar at first, but now I don't miss it at all.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:19 AM

Sometimes-especially if my but is up in the air and someone is behind me--( I HOPE I DON"T FART"!!!)
Old 03-05-2011, 02:44 AM

Hey,
I'm a both a survior of ovarian cancer in 1989 and a stroke in 2005(whole left side, no speech it was a Ischemic-) there are 3 types of stroke:

Ischemic Stroke:
The most common type of stroke -- accounting for almost 80% of all strokes -- is caused by a clot or other blockage within an artery leading to the brain.

Intracerebral Hemorrhage:

An intracerebral hemorrhage is a type stroke caused by the sudden rupture of an artery within the brain. Blood is then released into the brain, compressing brain structures. This can result in dealth-Most people who have High Blood Pressure and is not aware of it and is not having treatment is more prevailent.

Subarachnoid Hemorrhage:

A subarachnoid hemorrhage is also a a type of stroke caused by the sudden rupture of an artery. A subarachnoid hemorrhage differs from a intracerebral hemorrhage in that the location of the rupture leads to blood filling the space surrounding the brain rather than inside of it more common in Women.

There is what is called the GOLDEN HOUR (you have up to 3 hrs after stroke) Ischemic where they use TPA what that does is dissolves clots like making your blood like water)

The other strokes they attempt to stop the bleeding.

After my stroke I had problems with periherial (sp) site-I came back last year-I don't have as much strength in my left hand as I did before-but looking at me you would never know I had a stroke.

Some people have aTIA minnie one which is a WARNING SIGN-no damage to you that would affect you -the only thing that would be noticeable if you had a CT they can see little signs of scarring on your brain that looks like a dot.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:58 AM

Don't have a poor perception of yourself there Tru-you can continue to give all the possible reasons why you doubt his interest in you-Wanting to bring you a Birthday Cake-is sweet-I would hope it's not for other reasons. It's good to be pessimistic. No guarantees on life-but you need to move forward and take the chance-You have alot to offer-Your honest, sense of humor, good heart-take no crap attitude-good coke- and beautiful (remember we know each other a long time) don't doubt yourself. Though you have a disability doesn't mean that someone can't be genuine and looks beyond that.

Philopshy Class 1010 by Gailifer is over-there will be a test at the End of next Week :mrgreen: :lol:
Old 03-05-2011, 04:25 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

DonnaD I know what the turtle represents. And it is! I'm not telling!!!
Old 03-05-2011, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by gailifer

Philopshy Class 1010 by Gailifer is over-there will be a test at the End of next Week :mrgreen: :lol:
A TEST? WHEN DID THIS START??? I dont' have time for a test! I need an excused absence with a no-make up clause.

Good Saturday morning to you all.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I just HATE secrets! How long do I have to know Missy and Tru to be one of the special peoples?

lol
Old 03-05-2011, 06:10 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by Leann
Originally Posted by cjomomma
I just HATE secrets! How long do I have to know Missy and Tru to be one of the special peoples?

lol
Maybe this will make you feel better!

turtle sandwich
[ATTACH=CONFIG]120348[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-120343.png
Views:	23
Size:	373.8 KB
ID:	120348