Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Gramma's Sampler has begun!! Final Pictures Page 7 >

Gramma's Sampler has begun!! Final Pictures Page 7

Gramma's Sampler has begun!! Final Pictures Page 7

Old 01-27-2009, 06:38 PM

Have an update on Gramma too....

She was released to go HOME!! So, she just spent her first weekend home and I'm sure by the end of this week, she'll have no clue she was gone in the first place. She even asked me today where she went on vacation...cute.

I put the last of the quilting stitches in it last night. Officially, 6 weeks from date of purchase of fabric to end of process. 4 weeks from when I first made the original cuts and stitches to this point. I can't believe it went by so quickly. I added a multicolored binding today and hope to have that finished this week as well.

Hoping to beg or borrow a camera and take pics in real light of the blocks and of the handquilting on the back. I had to get really creative with some of the blocks, so each one is different on the back as well.

Can't wait to have some pics for you. I've spent some more time copy and pasting explanations of blocks.

I'm not sure when we are going to get home....probably not Valentine's Day weekend now. DH wants me to just ship it to her, but I was hoping to give it to her in person...maybe get a pic of us together which is so rare.

We'll see.

Old 01-27-2009, 06:57 PM

Congrats on finishing it. I hope you get to give it to her too. She sounds like a cutie!
Old 01-27-2009, 07:52 PM
Power Poster

wow, time really does fly. I remember chatting about the colors you were going to use and now your almost done!
I hope you get to go see her and get the picture. I miss both of my grandma's. Little passed in 99. She was 98 years old, and my grandma N. is still here, 93 years young. She is in Massachusetts and I am in Florida. It's getting hard to talk to her on the phone bc she is getting hard of hearing. Little gma got me started sewing, but Grandma N. got me quilting. She used to have her own craft store and she is still crafting!
I so hope you get to go, Melissa. She is going to love it :wink:
Old 01-30-2009, 12:11 PM

It's DONE!!! Binding and all. I took some pictures with a camera, but I just don't think it did it justice. I couldn't get pictures of the hand quilting at all...so here is one of the finished quilt with the binding.

[IMG]http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z...20made/087.jpg[/IMG]

I just wish that I could get a better picture...close ups of the quilt or something...but I can't figure out how to update the name of the thread either.

I don't know when I can get it to her, but when I do, I'll post pics of her with her quilt.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:27 PM

It is beautiful!!!! Great work!

Kyia
Old 01-30-2009, 04:20 PM

You did a BEAUTIFUL job.
I would like to make one like yous, if I may.
Thank you.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:28 PM

Melissa,
What an awesomely happy looking quilt.
It's perfect.
Can't wait to see the pics of Gramma with it.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:55 PM
Power Poster

HURRAY!!! A finished project and awesome to boot. Even though on my pc the pics are a little dark around the quilt, the blocks, the colors pop right out. She is going to love it! My gma tells me to push myself to finish things bc there is no feeling like the one of accomplishment. I like the beginning of projects and I like the end. Kind of like an ice cream cone, the first and last bites are the best! :D
Old 01-30-2009, 06:04 PM
Izy

You must be so proud of yourself, you have done your Grandma very proud, she will be so touched by your thoughtful gift :D
Old 01-30-2009, 06:36 PM

Thank you everyone so much. I forgot to post some very important copyright stuff. I have no idea which of my blocks are public domain and which are copywritten so here is a blanket statement:

I didn't come up with a single pattern on my own. Each and every pattern came from www.quilterscache.com

I figured out the colors and where to puteach block...but all the directions for the blocks came from that site.

Judy did a great tutorial on the Grandmother's Fan block and without her and Roben's help I would still be 2 blocks short.

I hope to deliver the quilt to Gramma at some point. I feel like I must be there to see her face....I don't want to mail it.

Thank you everyone for your comments. I appreciate each one.

Melissa