Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am >

weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

Old 03-10-2011, 04:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Leota
quick buy a storage shed and put out back... put all your fabic in it :D house nice and neat :D
don't think I haven't thought of that or to get one of those packrat storage units . I checked they are $125 a month or I would do it. LOL
Old 03-10-2011, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by sewNso
doing good so far. my lst week. how long have the rest of you ladies and gents? been working together to lose wt? congrats on those that lost.
Started August 6, 2010... Almost 50 lbs gone but much more to go. One day at a time.

eta: Wow! I just notice the bar says I have 92 lbs to go! I have less than 100 lbs to go! :dancing:
Old 03-10-2011, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
My house is a mess and all the spots you meantion I have fabric stashed there. As for the washing machine and drier that is great HOWEVER he usually bring home his wash what would I do then. I can't do the car trunk it has all the clothes from my closet that don't fit any long ready for him to take them to the homeless shelter..............oh no what will I do?
What about behind the couch? In storage bins and covered by a cloth.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by Leota
quick buy a storage shed and put out back... put all your fabic in it :D house nice and neat :D
don't think I haven't thought of that or to get one of those packrat storage units . I checked they are $125 a month or I would do it. LOL
ok, what about getting several (12?) foot lockers and putting them UNDER your bed...making your bed a platform bed.... only problem is that you'd have disassemble your bed everytime you needed any fabric.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Nana Julie I stepped on the scale and I lost 1 1/2 of the pounds I put on while taking the steroids. That small loss makes me feel better.
CJ,
1 1/2 pounds!!!!!!!!! YEA for you!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 03-10-2011, 08:47 AM

:( i have lost zero pounds in two weeks ---- i added excerise but not enough obviously
Old 03-10-2011, 08:55 AM

Carrie, That's great. Now that the pred weight has started to go, it will be easier.

Trupeach, how 'bout a Rubbermaid outdoor storage box? One time purchase, no monthly rental and should be waterproof, etc. Your future DIL will have to appreciate you for who you are, not what you own. My house is so full of fabric, I wouldn't know where to start.

My weight was down a bit yesterday. Here's hoping it stayed that way. I did way too much emotional eating after my doctor app't. What I heard wasn't what I wanted!

I may be giving up chocolate for Lent. That will be a real stretch for me, but that's the idea, isn't it? My friend is doing it, but he's stronger than I am in a lot of ways.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:59 AM

Missy,
I just tried to call you. No answer and no voice mail. :(

Carrie, you are doing great! Taking weight off on steroids is terribly hard to do.

Remclave, you are my shero! What a great effort!

Irish, I'm still trying to decide what to give up for Lent...I know, a day late, but I want it to be real...I'm thinking limiting my computer time to 2 hours a day, AND No second portions, even on salad, AND no carbonated beverages, AND no fabric purchases. God will bless these efforts.

Tru, I think Lowe's would deliver the outdoor storage box to you. That's a good idea. Are your closets completely packed full? What about calling the Salvation Army to send a truck to pick up your donations? Would that give you more room?

You could package it all in BIG boxes, have UPS pick it up, and ship it to somebody. Then we could ship it back after the company leaves.

Missy, you are doing fantastic on your weight loss! Keep it up, girl!
Old 03-10-2011, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Missy,
I just tried to call you. No answer and no voice mail. :(

Carrie, you are doing great! Taking weight off on steroids is terribly hard to do.

Remclave, you are my shero! What a great effort!

Irish, I'm still trying to decide what to give up for Lent...I know, a day late, but I want it to be real...I'm thinking limiting my computer time to 2 hours a day, AND No second portions, even on salad, AND no carbonated beverages, AND no fabric purchases. God will bless these efforts.

Tru, I think Lowe's would deliver the outdoor storage box to you. That's a good idea. Are your closets completely packed full? What about calling the Salvation Army to send a truck to pick up your donations? Would that give you more room?

You could package it all in BIG boxes, have UPS pick it up, and ship it to somebody. Then we could ship it back after the company leaves.

Missy, you are doing fantastic on your weight loss! Keep it up, girl!
HA HA send me all of your batiks and I will store them for you!!!
I may even store them in some of my quilts. LOL
They will be really safe.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:31 AM

Ok so do not want to change the topic but I am making a signature wedding quilt for my nephew and his future. I asked what colors she would like and she said coral and Latte?
What color is latte? I am thinking it is coffee color with cream. But how much cream?
I am going to pick out 4 shades of each color so I guess I will start with chocolate to a light brown????
Coral I am thinking pinky orange to peach???
What do you think???