Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Are you proud of your state? >

Are you proud of your state?

Are you proud of your state?

Old 03-10-2011, 05:06 PM

I'm your neighbor, here in Arkansas. Have lots of friends in Texas and relatives too. And, friendly relatives.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:11 PM

Not proud of Ryan or Blago but the state I am. Sweet smelling cornfields, a friendly wave from all you meet, knowing your neighbors and knowing that they are always looking out for you, talking to someone you do not even know in the checkout lane, wonderful black dirt and it smells so good too. Porches here too, walkers and bike riders you do see, kids laughing and playing.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:14 PM

I've lived in the Shenandoah Valley of Virignia all my life and daily thank God that this is my home. It is so beautiful .
Old 03-10-2011, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by mhansen6
I was born, raised, and lived most of my life in Oregon. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. We have so very much here, except good politicians. I live in Central Oregon, called the High Desert. I am 30 minutes away from a world class ski resort. In the summer there are mountains and lakes to explore. We also live 3 hours from the Pacific Ocean, 2 hours from the Columbia River with world class wind surfing. There is Ashland with the Shakespearian Festival, Portland with concerts and everything a large city has to offer. We also have great universities here GO DUCKS!!! Oregon has it all.

Currently in Oregon also...and I must agree with mhansen6, as far as the state is - PHYSICALLY! Everything else? well, let me put it this way...I'm from Hawaii originally and the same problems exist there...Portland has an admitted "Queer Mayor" ... and there is a slogan about keeping it weird... a rather strange attitude. But, I'm sure there are worse to be found. Lived outside of Chicago for 10 years, and as I say, Illinios is a nice place.....to fly over. So Oregon is nicer.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:16 PM

I'm from Victoria in Australia - mountains, snow, rivers, beaches, and small - gorgeous! Can you hear my accent?
Old 03-10-2011, 05:18 PM

Well this one living in Aussie Land & who found out approx 5 years ago that I am actually a US citizen.....is ever so PROUD OF ALL OF THE US, no matter what - the US is still the best country of all. And with this - I now come to the US twice a year & so much so - that at end of this year whenst I retire from legal - then it up & selling my home & re-locating to the US.

Off all the countries that my legal work has taken me......there is none that compare to the warmth, the real friendships, the faith & the geniune luv that is instilled in the US.

Sure there may be faults with Gov't, but look at the heart of the people in the US & then you will feel the differance....no matter what I say....the US is tops of all

Luvs ya all to bits
Old 03-10-2011, 05:20 PM

Proud of our State,but not the Government.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:51 PM

proud of Wisconsin, not sure of all the fuss in Madison will hope for the best. Great people live here..
Old 03-10-2011, 06:00 PM

Some days I like new jersey and some days I don't. I love that fact that I am twenty minutes from the beach and yet it is still considered the "country",
Old 03-10-2011, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by jfifer
From Illinois, NO, I am not proud of this state. We are so far in debt, we will never get out.
I still have hope for you. I was born in Illinois but moved away when very young.