Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Are you proud of your state? >

Are you proud of your state?

Are you proud of your state?

Old 03-11-2011, 01:18 PM

Hubby was a Texan 'til the day he died (in Arkansas). I was born and raised in the cotton fields of Louisiana, lived all over New England, then Colorado. Been in Arkansas so long it is now home. Love the Ozark Mtns. and having four seasons. All in all, no complaints. Love the USA.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:57 PM

I am proud of S. Carolina! so much history, and so pretty and best of all NO SNOW!! well most of the time.. esspecially in chucktown! :) i was born a yankee, but am a southern girl at heart!!!! :)
Old 03-11-2011, 02:25 PM

Are you kidding, No I live in Arizona.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:59 PM
Power Poster

Proud to be from WI and the Green Bay Packers!!!! Always issues from your state you may agree with but hopefully everything works out.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Qbee
Well I'm currently in KY but I am from Texas. I can tell you that once you're a Texan....always a Texan...and PROUD OF IT :D :D

Originally Posted by sharoney
I am proud to be from TEXAS - where tea is sweet & accents are sweeter; Summer starts in April; front porches are wide & words are long; macaroni & cheese is a vegetable; pecan pie a staple; Y’all is a proper pronoun; chicken is fried & biscuits come w/ gravy; everyone is darling & someone is always getting their heart blessed. Have a good day y'all!
Born and Bred in Texas, so AMEN to that!!
Old 03-11-2011, 03:29 PM

Once a Texan always a Texan....it just is in your blood. Thank God I'm a Texan! Have had to live in many other places but Texas is my home and will always live in my heart!
Old 03-11-2011, 04:35 PM

I have lived in Iowa for almost 40 years, but my heart is in Nebraska. I am a HUSKER fanatic - football, baseball, volleyball and basketball.

I used to tell people that the meanest thing my husband ever did is to make me live in Iowa, but then I got a job in Nebraska (six miles from home) so that kept me happy.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:41 PM

Seems most everyone is not to thrilled with their government right now :roll: But I think that's just something the whole country is struggling with. I'm still grateful someone was willing to try to govern, even if they do it badly. We've come through worse, and can change our future with every election!

I'm proudly from OHIO, a beautiful state from the lake to the river, diverse in culture, opportunity, and geography!!
Old 03-11-2011, 05:28 PM

I'm from R.I. originally not to proud of the gov and we moved to Fl. and definally am not proud of this bunch in gov. oh well what can we do.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by mrspete
I'm so proud of being from North Carolina. A saying is, "Whether by birth or by adoption, A tarheel, I'll be, I choose this option." It's chucked full of great history, wonderful people and a variety vacation land. Weather changes constantly and never terribly hot nor terribly cold for more than three of four days at a go. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else, even though I've lived halfway around the world and was born else where, I'm proud to call the "good old north state" my home. Ruth
I love NC too, even tho I've never been there. Most of my ancestors came thru there on their way to Texas; with a few stops and detours in between.