Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
So...You, your husband and your stash are on a boat.... >

So...You, your husband and your stash are on a boat....

So...You, your husband and your stash are on a boat....

Old 03-12-2011, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Pitty Pat
If I am on the boat I will have to swim to shore (saving myself) so before leaving the boat, we would start tying pieces of fabrics together as a rope and tie it around both me and my husband's waist. I would save myself, my husband and the fabric.
I like your story best. Very creative. :thumbup:
Old 03-12-2011, 09:42 AM

I do not like water would never put what I love on water.....

But would keep my DH in answer to your question, David you have too much time on your hands....
Old 03-12-2011, 09:53 AM
Bea

The dog was on the shore and swam out when he saw the boat was in trouble. lol
Old 03-12-2011, 12:30 PM

My husband has passed away already so this is a no brainer for me. I'd save the stash. He wanted his ashes tossed into the sea anyway. So it is a win-win for me.
Just had a thought -- since DH is gone already can I change my answer? I would save the single, rich, old, sick man who has no children. That way I could spend all my NEW inheritance on a bigger stash.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:31 PM

Any other day I would save my dh....NOT TODAY ;) He's a correction officer and the inmates make his uniforms. I just had to sew a belt loop on and neither the pants nor the machine would cooperate!!!. Maybe tomarrow he might get saved.LOL
Old 03-12-2011, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Happy Tails
no problem there, my stash , since I have no husband, lol
I'm with Happy Tails!!
Old 03-12-2011, 01:48 PM

OMG this was so funny! Made me tear up, For real. I was laughing so hard I started to cry! WAY O FUNNY! This brings me to mind of the lady who had to have some surgery done and put it off until she could no longer wait. So she check into the hospital, they did surgery and after the surgery she found out she had to stay there for 4 days for observation. Knowing she has a PIG (project in grocery bag) at home she needed to work on, she reluctanlty asked her DH to go into her quilting studio to fetch the PIG and bring it to the hospital room for her to work on. Fearing the worst her DH brought in the PIG and after a long moment of silence finally said to her, "Honey, you have a lot of faric", to which she replied sadly, "yes dear, I know I do have a lot of fabric", as time pased her DH spoke again and said , "You know honey you REALLY have a LOT of fabric". to which she replied, "yes dear, I really do have a lot of fabric", about 10 minutes passed when the silence was finally broken by her DH said, "Why, I bet you have at least $500.00 in fabric", to which she replied, yes dear, I do, I have about $500.00 in fabric." thinking to herself, Thank Heavens he doesnt know what $5,000 in fabric looks like! SMILE!...
Old 03-12-2011, 03:25 PM

After 47 years I'd save my DH, I've gotten him all broken in and he's put up with me stash and all.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:48 PM

Mind-numbingly orderly hubby (42 years) would never have left home without applying Archimedes Principle to the stash, and had me pack it accordingly in case of just such an emergency, whereby I could both grab the container and dog-paddle to shore with the stash while he swam to shore pretending he was Ian Thorpe.
Then when we got there he would puff his chest out about what a good idea that was and who thought of it.
It makes you wonder whether you wouldn't cash them both in.
New hubby, new stash ... it has a certain appeal.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by aussiequilter
Mind-numbingly orderly hubby (42 years) would never have left home without applying Archimedes Principle to the stash, and had me pack it accordingly in case of just such an emergency, whereby I could both grab the container and dog-paddle to shore with the stash while he swam to shore pretending he was Ian Thorpe.
Then when we got there he would puff his chest out about what a good idea that was and who thought of it.
It makes you wonder whether you wouldn't cash them both in.
New hubby, new stash ... it has a certain appeal.
that's a thing about engineers/architects, isn't it?