Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am >

weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

Old 03-13-2011, 07:51 AM

Hello everyone. It's been days since I've been on, so I had MANY pages to catch up on. Tru, you are a beautiful person. I am glad you have found a new friend, but like Carrie, I warn you to be careful...... I'm also proud of your weight loss this month. I'm also proud of everyone else who has done so good.

I was doing good, but this last week has been horrible for me, work wise and eating wise. We are doing trial prep for 3 cases starting tomorrow, next Monday, then the following Monday. I was going to go back to Alabama today, but one of the attorneys asked me if I could stay just a few more days. I will be in the office tomorrow-Wed. After work, I will head to GA to spend the night with my Mom, then head back to Alabama on Thursday. Last week at work, the days were long and busy busy busy. I ate lunch late every single day. I took salads with me 2 days, only ate one of them. Ate fast food 3 days. But did go out for clear soup one day. Had my mind made up I would ONLY eat clear soup and a salad, but got there and ordered hibachi shrimp (yum) that came with rice and noodles. I ate THE WHOLE MEAL. Then was mad with myself afterwards. However, Wed night we all went to another Japanese restaurant for my precious GD birthday (her choice). I ordered clear soup and a side salad. When the cook passed out 2 shrimp to everyone one, before cooking the meals, another GD gave me her 2 shrimp, so I had 4 delicious shrimp, my clear soup and small sald, and drank water. I was so proud of myself. I also did NOT eat any birthday cake. It was ice cream cake and I just dont like those. I haven't weighed in 2 weeks but will weigh next Sat. I have promised myself to do better this week, and I will.
I hope you all have a good day. Sandy
Old 03-13-2011, 09:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
OMG! My mother just called me and told me they are sitting in front of Hancocks of Paducah waiting for it to open. I told her that that was cruel and unusual punishment. She just laughed and said she would take pictures of all the beautiful fabric.

Missy
That BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock:
Old 03-13-2011, 10:07 AM

Missy,
Glad you got the internet back. Welcome back!

I gained weight this week. :thumbdown:

I have to get back on my program. And back to the sewing machine.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:35 AM
Banned

As I have said before Sunday is my cheat day and I usually have sausage and pancakes for breakfast. However I haven't had that in about 3 weeks. I haven't had anything sweet. Today I had sausage and panckaes for lunch not breakfast. I feel like I will up chuck. I can't believe I feel so sick.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by sewNso
gooood mornning.. for a while. up early with the time change.... luv all the chitter chatter you ladies do. birthday cake and ice cream in the house yesterday for a daughter, and i did not have any..... so proud of myself....(it helps that i am allergic to eggs, and they both had eggs in them.)))) is that cheating? but i could have served eggless varities, like i have in the past. yeah..... for me.......
well, i thought i had been good. but when i weighed in, i had not lost anything. i guess the fried fish on fri nite, and the baked pot with all the toppings, just didn't cut the mustard.....
i think i will journal, and watch everything a lot better next week. dd and gs get on the plane for home tues morning.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:49 AM

Ok, I am thinking of joining you guys come April.

I need to get more active, and watch what I eat. I find I do alot of emotional eating. If I could just quit the day job and sew all day, that would sure help alot, stress and food go hand in hand when I get home from work. So, need to work on that.

Today, the time change has given me a kind of ho hum feeling, so I need to get out of the funk and enjoy my Sunday. Because before I know it, it will be Monday morning again. Weekends are too short, not to enjoy them.

I hate the thought of weighing myself, but I guess I should do that at least once a week.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
As I have said before Sunday is my cheat day and I usually have sausage and pancakes for breakfast. However I haven't had that in about 3 weeks. I haven't had anything sweet. Today I had sausage and panckaes for lunch not breakfast. I feel like I will up chuck. I can't believe I feel so sick.
Trupeach,
your body has purged itself of the desire for the high calorie/sweet foods...It doesn't need those types of poisons that's why you feel so sick... Look at it as a positive gain for your body :D
Old 03-13-2011, 01:03 PM

I've been taking a break from all of my regular sites and have been working on my genealogy research. It's been productive this round. My sources are tapping off of others so I can't say the information is first-hand, but my sources have extensive references so I'm pretty confident that my information has a high percentage of accuracy.

Oh, and I am down 6.6 lbs since the beginning of the month. Woohoo!
Old 03-13-2011, 01:42 PM
Banned

I can't believe it I still feel barfy since the pancakes. I think for dinner I am going to have cauiflower and a baked potato. I was going to make chicken or meatloaf but the thought of meat is turning my stomach......yuck!!!!!
Old 03-13-2011, 01:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by remclave

Oh, and I am down 6.6 lbs since the beginning of the month. Woohoo!
doing the happy dance!!!!!!!!