Can't Sleep

Old 03-14-2011, 09:55 AM

I have been to sleep therapy, too. I tried Ambien and Lunesta. Both made me crazy. Ambien made me aggressive. And it didn't work very well. Lunesta gave me halucinations. Alprozolam (Zanex) works well. But, only for emergencies. Most of the time I just live with the sleeplessness. Welcome to "old age".

Cynthia
Old 03-14-2011, 10:43 AM

Can't relate to not being able to sleep, I can fall asleep anytime, anywhere and can count on my two hamds the number of times I've had trouble sleeping. It must be so frustrating! I usually read until I can't keep my eyes open anymore. Also, if I remove my makeup with baby oil, it seems to make my eyes want to close & sleep.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:49 AM

If I don't have to be to work the next morning, I lay awake & think about quilting. If on the other hand I have to be up at 3am.... I chant slowly to myself' sleeeep... sleeep... sleeeep..' it helps keep my mind clear of other thoughts so I can go back to sleep.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:51 AM

I often do this. I sit and cut out quilt pieces. I stack them by the blocks beside my sewing machine. When myDH gets up then I sw them.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:33 PM

After I roll around for a while, I get up and stare out the window, or read, or have a bowl of cereal. Then I take 2 apsirin and try to sleep again. I'm afraid if I run the sewing machine, I'll wake everybody up.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Julie in NM
Usually sleep for only 6 hrs with the help of Melatonin to get me sleepy. Get up and lay on couch, watch tv and sometimes fall back to sleep. Wish I could sew but house too small and sewing noise echoes LOUDLY down the hall.
I had the same problem with my wall seperating the room of my housemate. I put a large folded towell under my machine and you can barely hear it now.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by mayday
get up, sit on computer in the hope it will make me tired, if return to bed ,if not lie flat on recliner covered by quilt with crime channel on[ not noisy ,least interuptive and HOPE!!!!!!!!
i like the history channel... especially the old newsreels frm wwII... because all the narrators speak in a monotone...
Old 03-14-2011, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by reader 0129
I listen to quilting podcasts on my ipod.

sue in OH
where do you get quilting podcasts?
Old 03-14-2011, 06:24 PM

I wake up every night at 2:45 and am done sleeping for the night. It doesn't make any difference when I go to bed I wake up at the same time. I am seeing a pulmonologist and he is having me do a breathing test during the day. Three times a day at other times when I have trouble breathing. I am really hoping he can figure out why I wake up at the same time everyday. I am a walking zombie. I try and stay in bed when I wake up. A Dr. told me if I get up and do something then my body will get used to that, and it will want to do that regularly. So I try and stay in bed and just rest. Don't know if that is working, but I keep trying.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by quiltmom04
After I roll around for a while, I get up and stare out the window, or read, or have a bowl of cereal. Then I take 2 apsirin and try to sleep again. I'm afraid if I run the sewing machine, I'll wake everybody up.
I am so luckly DH can sleep through anything. I can sew in the next room doesn't bother him, but a reading light and he's awake.