Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Lost Quilt! Can you help? >

Lost Quilt! Can you help?

Lost Quilt! Can you help?

Old 03-15-2011, 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by emerald46
Just had a thought..have you contacted a local TV station and newspaper in Golden. Most have those advocate types who would love to do this kind of story. If it was stolen this may be the best way to get it recovered.
That's a good thought! Thank you!

Our local paper has a consumer advocate. I emailed her last week. She's been on vacation, but she's back today, so I'm hoping I can call her and get the ball rolling.

Janet
Old 03-15-2011, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by jansquiltn
You need to have them search the last location it was scanned. I have had a package slip off the the tracks and fell behind some of the big carts. The package was found three weeks after so don't let them give up.
My husband spoke to the supervisor at the UPS hub. She claims they searched everywhere for the package and haven't found it. We keep bugging her!

But this gives me some hope...I think if it's with UPS it will be found, but if it's stolen, that's just too ugly to think about.

Janet
Old 03-15-2011, 04:00 AM

What does it mean that it was juried at the AQS in Paducah?

I recently had a problem with UPS where my regular UPS driver was not working his route on the day my package was scheduled for delivery. His replacement delivered it next door (my mother saw the truck stop over there). I went to check but they were not home. I had called the shipper to report it, they called UPS while I waited and told me someone from UPS would call me within 24 hours. She called less than an hour later, was rude, told me I had no right to go next door to retrieve my package (I got her name). I called my contact at the shipper the next day to let her know I had heard from UPS and the attitude of the individual who had called (gave her the name). My neighbor brought the package to me late the next evening. My regular UPS Driver stopped the next day and apologized. I also reported the rude individual by name to him.

In the past, I have had packages rerouted to 8 year old addresses by UPS because the shipper omitted a street address. After making a lot of noise, even though I was not the shipper, I was able to get the shipment rerouted back to where it was to be delivered. Keep trying UPS, the individual who delivered it to the wrong address is responsible. The problem is that UPS does not require a signature on residential addresses, they can just leave it and it is considered delivered (correct or incorrect).

It is also helpful to keep watching the package's progress via the tracking system. If your husband has been doing all the calling, you might put on your Big Girl Pants, make the call yourself, get a little emotional/hysterical (tempered with a little control and they will actually want to help you). Just don't overdo it, be cordial and thank eveyone who is trying to help (nobody wants to go out of their way -- do more than what is required -- for someone who is too far one way or the other.)

Good luck, I sure hope your quilt makes it home safely.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:03 AM

I once had them lose a box of mine also...about 15 years ago. I made clothes for a couple of my grandkids...enough for the whole summer....I was sick over that and I never did get it back. Sorry about your loss but maybe it's still early and you will get it.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:05 AM

Hate to say it, but be a thorn in their side. Make them find it to get you off of their backs. They obviously gave up way to easily because it is not big deal to them. I am sure they don't understand the heart that goes into one of these or they would look harder. Hope it works out for you!
Old 03-15-2011, 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by Aurora
What does it mean that it was juried at the AQS in Paducah?
The AQS show in Paducah is juried: when you apply, you send digital pictures of your quilt, which are then reviewed. They select the top 300 quilts to actually be in the show.

My box was sent UPS 2nd Day air, signature required. They can't leave the package, they must get a signature. Besides, I know our UPS driver and he wouldn't leave it anywhere else; and he was driving the day it was supposed to be delivered.

Thank you for your comments...I am hopeful.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:24 AM

So sorry this has happened. Bug the heck out of UPS. Hoping you hear something soon.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:30 AM

So sorry you lost your quilt and hope you learn something about its return. I have heard you can get a "tracker" confirmation and know where it is along the way.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:32 AM

That is sooooo beautiful!!! I feel your pain. Please
keep us posted.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:35 AM

Years ago I had to mail a wedding gown that I had made for a friend of mine. UPS told me then if I insured it for over $1000 that a supervisor had to sign off on it at every stop that it made. Still made me nervous but I sent anyway. It got there just fine, however I did not have any proof that it was signed off on at every stop. Just an FYI.