AQS Lancaster Quilt Show

Old 03-14-2011, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Magzwv
Hi LeonMom! My best friend has a Leon too! They are the best dogs! I'm going to Lancaster on Wed for a class, then my BFF and I are coming back up thursday night to spend friday and saturday there! I can't wait!! If you want to try to meet up, let me know!
Yes! I'm going up alone --- my quilting friend who usually goes didn't enjoy the show last year :(. She went into the area last week and shopped for fabric instead. I'm going up on Thursday, packing a bag so that if I feel like staying over I can. Do you think you could scope out a meeting spot when you are there on Wed and let us know? Then we could meet there on Fri morning--or I can let you know that I didn't stay over too.

And yes, Leonbergers are THE best dog. I've owned GS, GD, mutts, and by far this is the best breed, if you don't mind hair. Love my Leaning-berger.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:11 PM

I'm going out on a limb here, just for fun. I'm thinking that she is your wife other days of the week too, not just on Friday. :)

Hope you have a great time at the show.

Originally Posted by goaf1968
I am going, too, with my wife on that Friday. Went last year and will make sure we go to them from now on. It was Great!

Hey, another Delawarean -- yahoo! Where are you? I am in the Northwest corner, close to U of D.

Terry -- in Northern Delaware
Old 03-15-2011, 02:57 AM

I will make sure my wife puts a red ribbon on, and I'll tell her if someone stops and asks if she is on the quilting board she will know about it. We will be there sometime Friday morning.

Terry and Sue Shay -- in Northern Delaware (Go Blue Hens!)
Old 03-15-2011, 04:18 AM

I'll have my ribbon tied around my purse. I'm in a class friday morning, but will be roaming around all day after that, most likely playing with a longarm!!! I hope to meet up with some of you! Have a safe trip and have a blast at the show!!
Old 03-15-2011, 06:14 AM

Okay Girls: RED RIBBON IT IS!
Old 03-15-2011, 10:25 AM

Hold on, I'll check with her .......

Yep, she is my wife the other six days, too, as she has been for almost 24 years, now. It was this week 24 years ago I first met her. Six weeks later I asked her to marry me. Guess she liked what she saw, too! :-) She has this thing she does every now and then. She asks me if I still love her and will I keep her for another two weeks? It is always a resounding YES!

Terry -- in Northern Delaware.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:33 AM

Gee, that's sweet!! Happy Anniversary :-)

Originally Posted by goaf1968
Hold on, I'll check with her .......

Yep, she is my wife the other six days, too, as she has been for almost 24 years, now. It was this week 24 years ago I first met her. Six weeks later I asked her to marry me. Guess she liked what she saw, too! :-) She has this thing she does every now and then. She asks me if I still love her and will I keep her for another two weeks? It is always a resounding YES!

Terry -- in Northern Delaware.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:44 AM

I didn't see where anyone posted about how this quilt show went. SEW, how'd it go??
Old 03-22-2011, 05:03 AM

A friend went and said it was so crowed you couldn''t get into some of the booths or watch demenstrations...They left early...I went to the one in Lancaster and it was great....we were there early, it wasn't crowed at all till later....beautiful quilts...there's talant out there.....
Old 03-22-2011, 07:34 AM

My daughter and I went on Friday. This was our first quilt show and we thought it was great. Lots of beautiful quilts. Alot of art quilts. Amazing.
Good vendors and it was a beautiful day. We'll do it again next year, if the weather is fit.(It's a 200+mile trip)

We crossed the road with a lady from Ohio and she had been there since Thurs. She said it was a good show. She also mentioned the show in De Moines and said that it's the very best.