Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am >

weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

Old 03-16-2011, 02:41 AM

Yeah CJ!
Old 03-16-2011, 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I've been feeling bummed because of my weight gain from those darn steroids. Well I stepped on the scale tonight and I have a 3lb. loss. That means I lost 3 of the 9 I put on. YAY! Hopefully this will continue.
Oh, congratulations! This is superb news.

I'm on Humira and methotrexate. I don't think either one affects my weight either way. However, I do know there's a LOT of medicines that wreak havoc on a person's ability to lose weight.
Old 03-16-2011, 03:47 AM

I will be hitting the road for Atlanta, GA tomorrow morning (6:00 am CDT) and I will be back on Tuesday. Hopefully I have internet so I can check in. Otherwise.... FIVE days of catchup reading!
Old 03-16-2011, 04:07 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by remclave
I will be hitting the road for Atlanta, GA tomorrow morning (6:00 am CDT) and I will be back on Tuesday. Hopefully I have internet so I can check in. Otherwise.... FIVE days of catchup reading!
Have a safe trip.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:49 AM

Have a safe trip.
Thank you! I've actually put together a travel pack of foods that won't throw me for a loop while I'm away. The calorie count is a little high (1800 calories) but it is all low carb (my "diet" plan) and will get me through the time away without diving into fast foods that would undo all the progress I've made to-date.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:54 AM

Have a safe trip.
Thank you! I've actually put together a travel pack of foods that won't throw me for a loop while I'm away. The calorie count is a little high (1800 calories) but it is all low carb (my "diet" plan) and will get me through the time away without diving into fast foods that would undo all the progress I've made to-date.
Enjoy yourself and stay safe!
Old 03-16-2011, 07:52 AM

Hope everyone is doing well today. My weight loss has slowed down some which I knew it would. Too bad it can't come off as fast as the water weight! I started at 269 and as of this morning I am at 257! Even though I knew it wouldn't last it is still kind of a bummer when it stops comming off so fast. :( My goal is to try and lose 10 pounds a month. We will see how that goes.)

I am off to do some grocery shopping and thought I would post the salad I am making with dinner tomorrow.

Lime/Pineapple jello
24-36 oz low fat cottage cheese
8 oz cool whip light
8 oz crushed pineapple
1 small box of sf or reg lime jello
chopped pecans

Stir dry jello into cottage cheese. Add cool whip, pineapple and pecans. Cover and chill

It's quick and easy to make and is a healthy dessert! Yummy!
Old 03-16-2011, 03:31 PM

MJ, how precious the time you get to spend talking/quilting with your Mom. You are blessed. Glad you are feeling better. Hope you get to make your trip. I want to go too...... I'm kidding. Although I would love to go and spend quilt shopping time with you and Carrie, I'm still in FL and will be heading back to Alabama early Sat morning. I've been gone 2 weeks now. Work has been busy and hectic, but getting to spend nights and weekends with my kids/grandkids has been worth the daily hassle. I will be SO glad when I get to retire. I have not done "good" with my eating, while in FL, although I could have done a lot worse than I have. I dread facing the scale. I will get back to my routine as soon as I am back home and have nothing fattening/bad in my house to eat.

Everybody that is doing good, keep up the good work. For those like me that need to do better, let's dust off our britches and get back on the saddle..... WE CAN DO THIS. Sandy
Old 03-16-2011, 03:45 PM

Today was such a blessing! And boy, am I tired!

I got to spend 5 whole hours with my Mama and Daddy. We had so much fun looking at patterns and talking about quilts. She absolutely loved her presents. We played and played with scraps and possibilities.

Mama cooked us a hamburger for lunch. We had fresh iced tea and homemade lemon cake for dessert.

It was just a fun and festive time! She really liked the baby quilt I'm doing, I sewed a seam on backwards so I have to rip and sew tonight. Or early tomorrow.

Thanks for the well wishes. Oh! and I got the sequel to yesterday's book in the mail today: "Fortunate Harbor".
Old 03-16-2011, 03:46 PM

So sad today...

My special friend that I told you about decided that I am not worth her time anymore.

Night before last I took a brave step and decided to share with her that I have a mental illness. I felt like she had the right to know about it sooner rather than later.

All she did was ask exactly what my symptoms were with the schizophrenia and she has not responded to my email.

I think the ultimate irony is that when you are gay you deal with people making judgments about us just based on our sexuality. She is one person that has experienced a lot of that and yet here she is making judgments about me.

Ugh. So so sad tonight.

I am taking my meds a bit early tonight and going to go to bed to watch tv and hopefully fall asleep sooner rather than later.

Missy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-170657.jpe
Views:	41
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	170662