Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Clear Thread >

Clear Thread

Clear Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 10:38 AM

Location: My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA

This post, and the responces ..
The perfect example of browsing. I love this board! It teaches and helps so very much !

I am hard copying this post for later reference. I feel like I have just taken a class in clear thread.

Wow ! Thanks for the post and thank you all for the help - great it was not a private message.. We all can learn !!

Ellen
Old 02-10-2009, 11:09 AM

I can use all the help I can get, so I figure others are the same way! :lol:
Old 02-10-2009, 01:42 PM

Sorry I haven't been back in here... Sewer's ease is liquid you put along in a thin line along the thread edgeon maybe two sides. It's a lubricant that eases the thread unrolling process. Using metallic threads is where I came up with it first.

Helps to stop the thread from breaking and stretching, Eases the thread transtion throughthe needle etc....
Old 02-10-2009, 01:45 PM

Sewers aid is what I use. Sorry and I see others have answered for me. Thank you. Been gone... I only use it prior to starting with it but if you will be sewing a lot then adding some more would help.
http://www.sailrite.com/Sewers-Aid-L...&category=7273
Here is a site you can go and see what the product looks like. I have used it in my bobbin without having any issues. The only thing that might be an issue is if you iron over the thread. You could melt it.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:59 PM

I know! Everyone has been so great!! My husband thinks I keep asking questions but I told him it's just all different people answering my one question! I've learned so much and I only have 2 more stars left on the girls quilt but haven't figured out the binding color yet. The boys quilt is going to go sooo much smoother thanks to all of you!
Old 02-10-2009, 07:08 PM

make a tiny sock like from fabric with a hole for thread to come thru place over spool helps keep it from unraveling. or use mono-poly from superior threads, its great I use it om my quilting machine with no problems
Old 02-11-2009, 08:13 PM

Try using the invisible thread vertical instead of horizontal. This worked for me.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:16 PM

That was the first thing I suggested. Use your metallic thread spool holder or if you have another spool holder, use the invisible thread on it. I have nad no problem since doing that. I also prefer the Polyester over the nylon, it is softer & the cut ends don't 'pick'! I use Sulky polyester & the only trouble I have is being able to see it!!! :oops: Itherwise, it's great!
Old 02-14-2009, 11:39 PM
Banned

It makes a difference which way your spool of thread goes on your machine . I have an old singer , thread sits vertical. No problem . I have a singer sew simple , horizontal spool pin , tangles , winds around everything !!!! Which way does your spool fit on your machine ? Upright works best . Annie
Old 02-15-2009, 10:24 AM

Since I have retired and don't need to dress "up" everyday I find that your idea for the "thread sock" is a great way to use some of my unused knee high stockings. I cut them into about 3 sections and discard the thicker part that belongs at the knee. They can work as thread nets on your serger cones too.