Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Confessions of an addict................. >

Confessions of an addict.................

Confessions of an addict.................

Old 03-16-2011, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Barbm
I made myself give up all other addictions to concentrate this one.
I too have given up all other addictions as this one is so all consuming. I don't regret becoming addicted and I certainly don't want any 12 step program to "cure" me of it. I want to go to the grave with my addiction intact!
Old 03-17-2011, 08:51 AM
Power Poster

if you make a tatted doily, make a pin cushin and i'll pm you my addy when your ready to send it out!!!!!
Old 03-17-2011, 08:52 AM

I had an addition to alcohol and after I kicked the habit I had to find things to do to fill the time I spent at the bar, sleeping and sobering up. I first did embroidery, then crochet and followed by quilting. I knew how to embroidery and crochet but quilting was a challenge. Sometimes when quilting I feel I could use a drink because I get so frustrated. But I come to threads and read, calm down and go back and fix the problem. This board is better than AA.
Rita
Old 03-17-2011, 01:28 PM

I went to a weaving and spinning show last weekend and, of course, had to try my hand at both. I loved the spinning! My DH phoned while I was there and asked if I was having a good time. I told him "Yes I am. I want two alpacas and a spinning wheel please." There just isn't enough time for all the things I'd like to try. You have my sympathy.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:32 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

lol.. you are not alone!!
Old 03-17-2011, 02:47 PM

Wait until you retire, and hubby is no longer in the picture. That is me at 81 yrs old... and I have so many projects going all at the same time, I can't invite friends over.... no place to sit... I also like the computer, (just learning) and writing letters..I teach (but not from home..) crocheting,knitting,smocking, tatting, counted cross stitch, I love knitting bedsocks,(w/fun fur) for the local nursing homes, and I still have time to play with my 2 little kittens... There's one word however, with which I have trouble.... Housework.. can anyone help me? Diana O.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Diana79
There's one word however, with which I have trouble.... Housework.. can anyone help me? Diana O.
I hear ya!! :-D I've been sweeping these same floors and vacuuming these same rugs, etc, day in and day out, since I bought this house in 1979 :roll: After awhile you could go stir crazy if you didn't add hobbies to the day.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:17 PM

I love that your machine has friends.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:09 PM

Addictions you say heheh Lets see, I work once a year at a fair in Independence for a man who has been doing hand tooling leather for 40 years he taught me how to do it and I decided that I could make some money at it. I got tools from him at his cost and $800.00 later I had what I needed for belts, billfolds, keychains and checkbooks, sold some <not enough to pay for all the tools> but had fun...for awhile. Then it was scrapbooking...oh yeah had to buy paper sets, pen sets, all kinds of cut outs ribbons..the whole 9 yards oh and had to have a new camera and a portable picture printer won't even try to estimate the cost for that addiction. Then the quilting, I love it and it can be a very expensive addiction which I don't have to tell anyone on this board lol. I have a lot of material anytime I find it on sale I buy it, have hit some really great thrift stores and other places that have stuff donated to them my poor DH just looks on and thinks oh ghees here we go again exspecially when I started dropping hints that I would like a embroidery machine that does everything so I can quilt <which I could'nt do on my singer> I found one I wanted, he said get it...ok I had to have a reader writer and oh yeah thread <lots> and of course patterns thank goodness there are sites with freebies but I have also brought some too. So now this addiction all ties in because I can quilt, and also embroidery and that uses the material that I have on hand <smiling> I think I will stick to this addiction for quite awhile. Oh and I am also addicted to mountain dew LOL
Old 03-17-2011, 06:45 PM

If you're looking for an Intervention THIS IS NOT the place to get one We are loving Enablers :lol: :lol: