Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Odd Prescription--kind of spooky to me >

Odd Prescription--kind of spooky to me

Odd Prescription--kind of spooky to me

Old 03-18-2011, 04:13 AM

Yes, this is a case of insurance fraud! Call the insurance company and the police so there is a record of this.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:50 AM
Power Poster

Oooh, scary...I'd be nervous about it and most definetly make some phone calls to see what is going on!
Old 03-18-2011, 04:55 AM

Oh, my word, this gives me the willies. Anything that smacks of identity theft scares me mightily. What a scary world we live in nowadays.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:51 AM

If they said it was ready to "pick up", I would check with your credit card company to see if it was also paid for.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:20 AM

when I had my wisdom teeth out when I was first married the pharmacist messed up the pills and I was getting two does-es of codeine thank goodness my mother in law was a nurse and noticed it and called the pharmacy
Old 03-18-2011, 07:28 AM

Don't use the medication. It could hurt you if it is not from your doctor.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by raedar63
Originally Posted by Sadiemae
Originally Posted by Furza Flyin
If this RX is a controlled med, someone might have lifted the prescription discarded by your current pharmacy and tried to have it filled elsewhere.
If it was mine it wouldn't be a controlled med, just something to help me sleep. Doesn't it seem strange that someone would go to this much trouble and not pick up the medicine? I haven't had anything filled since June '09.
If it were something to help you sleep trust me abusers want it.(I see lots of drug abusers in my proffesion almost on a daily basis)
I would also follow up on the Identity theft thing. I have been an identity theft target back before you heard so much about it. It took at least 8 years to clean up my credit report. (they didn't offer insurance etc back then) I came real close to having my wages garnished .
Make sure that you get to the bottom of this.
They may too just be testing to see if your information worked for the ,and then on to bigger things!
I recently retired from a check in desk at a MD's office and we were told that insurance/medicare identitiy fraud is increasing, so I would do everything to make sure that everything is corrected. Since medical records are now all on computer, if someone has had medical things done, test taken, meds filled, it is now in your records. If a doctor has to access these records and gets the wrong information, it could be very serious. I don't want to scare you but these things happen.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:13 AM

Let us know what happened and how it turns out! I am curious too!
Old 03-18-2011, 09:02 AM

Hi Sadiemae, I'm kitty girl and I haven't run across exactly that type of situation before, but I have a few suggestions you may be intersted in. Maybe you could call the pharmacyor contact the headquarters and ask them what the person's description was that went to the doctor and that the prescription was written for. I hope I haven't upset or scared anyone, but i'm looking foward to hearing from on how things are going. Bye for now. kitty girl
Old 03-18-2011, 09:43 AM

My doctor's office made my pic first time I went there, about 6 yrs ago. I asked why & they said they do it for all patients. We have a lot of illegal aliens in my area, so I'm guessing that's the root of part of it. I have Medicare & I think I heard they do it for all Medicare & Medicaid patients. Don't quote me on this about Medicare, but different doctor's offices may be lax & not do it. I'd rather they know me by face & by name.

Last year, I kept getting bills from an Ambulance Co in a city two cities away from me, then bills from an ENT Clinic. The Ambulance Co said, didn't we transport you to a Rehab Facility in B'ham, AL on such & such date? I kept telling the lady, NO NO NO! The ENT Clinic kept sending me bills & I also called Medicare. The lady at Medicare told me I'd have to get the doctor's office to send them the changes before they could get the charges taken off my records. There is another person with the same name as mine, but I don't have an s on the end of mine & she does. The computers at Insurance Cos including Medicare/Medicaid, All-Kids, etc. have lists of patients in their State & some clerks won't scroll down to compare Birthdays to get the right patient; however, some office personnel will stop at the first name.

Recently, I received an e-mail from what looked like UPS (United Parcel Service), said I had a package to arrive in 2-3 days. I opened it & somewhere I remember seeing USPS (Post Office), but should not have opened the e-mail because it gave my computer a bad virus. Luckily my Son was able to retrieve all my documents & pics, so now I am suspicious & don't open these kind of e-mails.