Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Care to give an opinion? >

Care to give an opinion?

Care to give an opinion?

Old 03-18-2011, 08:06 AM

I love it. This is what a quilt should be, a celebration of the individual. Blue Ribbon Champion!
Old 03-18-2011, 09:42 AM

I don't think it is ugly at all.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by bjlute
finish it fast..give it to him..let him love it..life is so short,and we think we have time to put a quilt together perfectly and that is not always so..I lost my son to cancer and never got his quilt finished..my thought is..
.life is like a quilt..don't leave pieces on the floor, pick them up , use them in the quilt of life....love and enjoy each piece..when our time here is over , we leave behind in the form of memories, a portion of lifes quilt to all we know and love, Blessings to you and Vincent
I am sorry you lost your son. You have some good thoughts to remind us of what is most important. Blessings to you!
Old 03-18-2011, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by purrfectquilts
Here is the scoop: Vincent just turned 4 and his favorite colors are red and blue he tells me. I asked what his favorite things were and got a whole long list (all of which are in the quilt). Then his dad stepped in and wanted parts of his hunting clothes included, etc. Then I was told add some bear and some deer.

The family is completely happy with this top and I am about to send it off to be machine quilted for them.

Personally, I think it may win the vote for the ugliest quilt I have ever made!

When it comes back and I can get a better full shot,it might look better. Most things do after they have been quilted and washed once.
Is Vincent your Grandson or Nephew? YOu did a great job on depicting just what the family wanted, and any 4 year old will just love it! It will be a heirloom to him forever, and something to talk about to all his friends. Imagine the pride when he gives it to his child when he is grown!

I made a quilt for my son, 1/2 Oakland A's, 1/2 SF Giants baseball theme with disappearing 9 patch theme. He loves it and he is 12 now. Uses it everday and brings it along when watching TV on the couch. I can see little Vincent doing the same thing!
Old 03-18-2011, 11:00 AM

Oh, it looks really cool just the way it is....as been mentioned, I think Vincent will absolutely love it!!
Old 03-18-2011, 01:35 PM

thank you
Old 03-18-2011, 04:39 PM

It looks fine to me. I am sure he will love it.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:22 PM

I think you have done a wonderful job!
Old 03-19-2011, 10:16 AM

Perhaps add applique (hearts? blocks?) from dad's clothes, other dominant colors and add "Mom" "Dad" "Sis" "Dog" to the center block. That would pull more colors to the center and 'busy up' the white center square so it blends in more....

Originally Posted by purrfectquilts
Originally Posted by Tartan
I think it is great! The light coloured fabric in the center is perhaps bothering you? It will look great once something is quilted in that area.
Yes, it did look a bit out of place. The backing is that same fabric. And, I do have lots of fabric left that I could make random blocks and scatter all around the back ... making the quilt reversible.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:05 PM

I think the quilt is perfect just the way it is. I think I would bind it in maybe red and blue scraps all the way around, or one or the other. Its perfect.