Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Odd Prescription--kind of spooky to me >

Odd Prescription--kind of spooky to me

Odd Prescription--kind of spooky to me

Old 03-18-2011, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Furza Flyin
If this RX is a controlled med, someone might have lifted the prescription discarded by your current pharmacy and tried to have it filled elsewhere.
I'd be sure to check that out...you never can tell about some people these days!!!
Old 03-18-2011, 10:19 AM

When I was doing home care nursing I caught a RX delivered to an elderly persons home that did not belong to her. It was not a pill that was usual for her. It had her name and her doctor so I called the physician office to find out they had 2 patients by the same name and it was delivered to the wrong lady. Yes, some pharmacies do deliver.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltforme
It might be an honest mistake or it might be someone with your identity. I have had mine stolen and it is not fun. Try to call the Dr's office and confirm with them. If they used your insurance info call them too. Also might not hurt to call the credit reporting companies to double check that this was an isolated incident.
This is what I would do. Yikes! Hope you get it figured out quickly.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:15 PM

I didnt have meds screw up but Ihad a boss who stole my ss. He never sent it in the the gov if you were married. Guess he figured you didnt need it if you were married. I reported him, and all they did was have me send in proof and reemburse me. I reported it to the IRS along with his address and tax info and never heard from them. Wonder why the debt is so high.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:11 PM

It happens. A friend had a bill for her husbands surgery, from a Dr and Hospital in Arizona threatening to turn it over for collection. It was a bill for over $25,000. She called and asked when this surgery was to have been performed. They informed her that she should know when her husband had the surgery almost 18 months before --She asked how that was possible? Then she told them her husband had been deceased for 15 years, and was wondering if they dug him up to perform the surgery. They, of course didn't believe her so she had to send them a certified death certificate before they would admit it was an error.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:17 PM

My DD called a week ago and said that she caught someone working for the pharmacy in her doctor's building stealing patient information. She turned him in. The Doctor's office and Pharmacy folks were very upset. At this point, they are not sure how many social security numbers and personal information this employee has "sold". I got Lifelock last year after my purse was stolen.
D in TX
Old 03-18-2011, 03:48 PM

My mom got a bill from a Dr. for my dad. Dad had been dead for three years and the date of the visit was current. Mom, being mom, called the Dr's office and said she was really up set because her husband died three years ago and he came back to see the Dr. and did not stop in to see her.
The girl in the office asked mom if she would give her dads forwarding information so she gave the girl the address of the cemetery with the lot #.

P.S. the Dr was a pediatrician
Old 03-18-2011, 04:03 PM

Sleeping medicine is actually controlled. The docs only prescribe a certain amount at a time. Sounds very weird to me.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltforme
It might be an honest mistake or it might be someone with your identity. I have had mine stolen and it is not fun. Try to call the Dr's office and confirm with them. If they used your insurance info call them too. Also might not hurt to call the credit reporting companies to double check that this was an isolated incident.
I agree check it out --I can't get bubble gum on credit thanks to some creep
Old 03-18-2011, 06:50 PM

Jimmiw Your Mom handled that better then I did-The IRS demands my husband appear with the last 3 yrs filings I tell them when He passed away[3yrs in May]that he would be unable to make the appt-she says thats not a good enuff excuse and there will be severe consequences if he misses the appt at this point I lose my cool and say ''Are you F'n kidding me -she says NO we never kid and you have a nice day-click- She was lucky I wasn't within arms length I would have given her a Jethro IRS bk wards is Stupid Robotic Idgits