Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Whats your Company/Special Occasion Recipe?? >

Whats your Company/Special Occasion Recipe??

Whats your Company/Special Occasion Recipe??

Old 02-04-2009, 08:53 AM

My fave is Boston Butt Pork Roast marinated in MOJO over night put on my set and forget rottiserie. OH MY GOSH!!! wonderful with potatoe salad or Mashed Potatoes and use the drippings for gravy. A Cuban friend in FL introduced this to me. Leftovers,if any, make wonderful sandwiches. If company includes a lot of children, Anything on the grill.
DH does the Roast and I do the Potatoe salad the day before. The drippings make a gravy to die for so it is according to how many and who they are. :lol: :lol:
Old 02-04-2009, 08:56 AM

This Pesto Cheese Blossom always impresses people. The great thing is that you can make it in advance and leave it in the freezer until the day you need it. I also simplify it by using store bought pestos.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/p...ipe/index.html
Old 02-04-2009, 09:00 AM

YUMMY quitmaker101 I copied and pasted in Word. I am making it this weekend. Thank You.
BillsBonBon
Old 02-04-2009, 04:53 PM

I do a boneless pork roast in the crockpot with an envelope of Lipton dry onion soup, 1 can of jellied cranberries chopped over the top of the roast then put the lid on the pot and turn to high for 4 hours or medium for 6 hours for about a 2 pound roast. The juice is yummy served over rice or I'll do mashed potatoes and gravy (NOT using the cranberry drippings in the gravy). Leftovers make wonderful sandwiches, or warmed up with a salad or cole slaw and nice crusty Artisan bread. Yum!!

It should be noted that each crockpot heats differently. The time for the roast is for my crockpot. You might want to check you roast at the 4 hour mark so you don't over or under cook the meat.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:48 PM

That sounds so good but what is MOJO?
Old 02-12-2009, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by lovespuppies
That sounds so good but what is MOJO?
MOJO is a marinate used by nearly all the cuban friends I have in South FL. On a fresh piece of pork marinated all night it is fantastic. If you like the cuban spices you will love this. We couldn't find it in this part of GA. But you should be able to find it in a store that has cuban food. WinnDixie sold it in FL. and there are a lot of cuban families around that part of FL. Miami is about 3 hours away so there are a lot of cuban stores,restaurants around. We were in Fl. Jan. 23rd. for my DD Birthday. My DH bought 2 big jugs.
BillsBonBon
Old 02-14-2009, 07:23 AM

I found it in the ethnic food section of the grocery store. I bought it last summer and marinated chicken with it. Yummy! And I bought it because I thought it looked cool and the ingredients sounded good together.
Old 02-14-2009, 07:49 AM
Power Poster

I'm gonna have to look for it around here, although I'm guessing that there is not a lot of demand for it in West TN.. :?
Old 03-08-2009, 02:55 PM

I usually make the desserts...Yep I have a really bad sweet tooth. Hence the reason for all my extra pounds!!! haha

Pineapple cheesecake is the one that I make that everyone just loves or asks that while I'm making one anyways couldn't I just make 1 more for them to take home.

The other would be a snickers/apple salad.

Geesh...just talking about it makes my mouth water.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:17 PM

lol I want to know what MOJO is also