Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone going to the Lancaster Quilt Show? >

Anyone going to the Lancaster Quilt Show?

Anyone going to the Lancaster Quilt Show?

Old 03-19-2011, 03:48 PM

I wore my red ribbons proudly, but never saw anyone else. :( The show was wonderful, and there were so many creative and beautiful quilts there. I did my share of supporting the show with enough pattern and fabric purchases to hold me until next year. My DH even programed Weavers fabric store into the GPS so I had a fun after the show shopping spree there too. Now I'm tired after the 2hr 45 min trip home, so I'm going to sit back and enjoy a glass of wine.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by N.J.linda
I wore my red ribbons proudly, but never saw anyone else. :( The show was wonderful, and there were so many creative and beautiful quilts there. I did my share of supporting the show with enough pattern and fabric purchases to hold me until next year. My DH even programed Weavers fabric store into the GPS so I had a fun after the show shopping spree there too. Now I'm tired after the 2hr 45 min trip home, so I'm going to sit back and enjoy a glass of wine.
I too wore my red ribbon, but didn't see anyone else! BooHoo!
We also were at Weavers about 4pm when were you there?
I think I also definitely helped support the quilting industry this weekend :wink:
Old 03-19-2011, 05:51 PM

I was at weavers about 3:30 pm. I did the shop and the back barn. I got some cute stuff to make my dad a quilt with. It has all tools and power tools on it.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:15 PM

I was at weavers about 3:30 pm. I did the shop and the back barn. I got some cute stuff to make my dad a quilt with. It has all tools and power tools on it.
Oh my goodness I think you checked out in front of hubby and I...you asked if we were in line cause you didn't want to butt in and I said you were there first...DH joked that he would have to bump you with his bolt of fabric and you said if he did you would have to get your power tools after him :lol: You also got some measuring tape fabric and some that looked like wood....right?
Old 03-19-2011, 07:50 PM

I too had a red ribbon - did not see anyone.........Sundancer's quilt was TERRIFIC......We too went to Weavers but spent a lot more @ Burkholders! That place is WONDERFUL.......and he is planning to double the space he has now..........So glad he had a web business too!
Old 03-20-2011, 03:50 PM

YES!!! that was me. I was getting the tool fabric to make a quilt for my Dad. Did you go to the barn in the back. I picked up two big pieces for the back of that quilt and I got them for a dollar less a yard because I took what was left on the bolt. That was a good deal @ $2.55 a yard. Well a little late but it was nice meeting you on saturday. I always say quilters are a friendly group of people.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:01 PM

YES!!! that was me. I was getting the tool fabric to make a quilt for my Dad. Did you go to the barn in the back. I picked up two big pieces for the back of that quilt and I got them for a dollar less a yard because I took what was left on the bolt. That was a good deal @ $2.55 a yard. Well a little late but it was nice meeting you on saturday. I always say quilters are a friendly group of people.
That is soooo cool (wish I had known it was you :-) )! Yes, we did go to the barn and got some great material to use to practice FMQing on my Juki and frame. I serge the edges instead of taking the time to bind them and my daughter likes them for her dog. I usually use an old blanket as batting for the doggy ones.
You are right, quilters are great people. Maybe we will meet again.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:23 AM

We were there on Friday too, I had my red ribbon on, but like you all I didn't see anyone else with a red ribbon either.
The show was amazing, the first one I have gone too.
We are just a little over an hour from Lancaster and spend a lot of time camping there, or sometimes just for the day. Have gone to Weavers many times, not Friday though, but didn't know about the "back barn", will have to look for it next time. We also go to Goods, next to Shady Maple Smorgasboard and to a fabric outlet in Churchtown, just a mile or so from Shady Maple, if you know where that is.
Good to know we shared the experience, even if we didn't meet, maybe next time.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by mimistutz
We were there on Friday too, I had my red ribbon on, but like you all I didn't see anyone else with a red ribbon either.
The show was amazing, the first one I have gone too.
We are just a little over an hour from Lancaster and spend a lot of time camping there, or sometimes just for the day. Have gone to Weavers many times, not Friday though, but didn't know about the "back barn", will have to look for it next time. We also go to Goods, next to Shady Maple Smorgasboard and to a fabric outlet in Churchtown, just a mile or so from Shady Maple, if you know where that is.
Good to know we shared the experience, even if we didn't meet, maybe next time.
Looks like some of us just missed each other...we will have to try again, maybe next year.