Why am I the One?

Old 02-20-2011, 08:59 PM

I am embarresed to say, I was the escape artist. Mom and dad put a lock on the front gate, but I climbed the tree and jumped out on the other side. I was always running off to go find someone to play with. Thank God they moved to the country when I was 4 or I don't know what would have happened to me.

I simply cannot comprehend parents not seeking their lost child, unless they are stoned or spaced out, or they themselves have come to some bad end, which I hope is not the case here. (either way)...

Not enough people "cherish" their children and realize what precious gifts they are.

You truly are an angel from sent from God to be at just the right place at the right time. I hope she will remain safe.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:29 PM

Hi there donnalynett, You all must have wonderful CPS workers up in Oregon but down here in California (Northern California to be exact) not all of them a good. A few of my friends (adult children) have case workers that are NOT listening to both sides of the story and are siding with the wrong side and the children are paying the price by not being with a daddy who loves them and wants to take care of them. It is heart-wrenching!!!!
Originally Posted by donnalynett
Originally Posted by Annaquilts
Heart breaking. If no one claims her you can maybe see if you can foster her. Sad story.
In my younger days I was a single foster parent to 5 troubled teens and a few years ago I was granted temp custody of a four year old boy. I'm too old and tired and health isn't the best to attempt it again. I have two wonderful step-children and now have 2 granddaughters that get to come and stay with us for a week every summer. All in all, life is good but I just can't help wondering what kind of a life does that little girl have? I'm confident Children's Protection Services will keep an eye on that situation. I do have a friend that works there and I will contact her Monday to see if she can tell me anything.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:29 PM

Hi there donnalynett, You all must have wonderful CPS workers up in Oregon but down here in California (Northern California to be exact) not all of them a good. A few of my friends (adult children) have case workers that are NOT listening to both sides of the story and are siding with the wrong side and the children are paying the price by not being with a daddy who loves them and wants to take care of them. It is heart-wrenching!!!!
Originally Posted by donnalynett
Originally Posted by Annaquilts
Heart breaking. If no one claims her you can maybe see if you can foster her. Sad story.
In my younger days I was a single foster parent to 5 troubled teens and a few years ago I was granted temp custody of a four year old boy. I'm too old and tired and health isn't the best to attempt it again. I have two wonderful step-children and now have 2 granddaughters that get to come and stay with us for a week every summer. All in all, life is good but I just can't help wondering what kind of a life does that little girl have? I'm confident Children's Protection Services will keep an eye on that situation. I do have a friend that works there and I will contact her Monday to see if she can tell me anything.