A Soldier Story

Old 03-22-2011, 06:19 PM
Power Poster

You are truly and Angel and I wish there would be lots more of your kind sprinkled around to help men like this who are in need. Bless you and your family for helping him.
I'm so sorry others treated him so badly.
We have a 23 YO Grandson serving in Iraq for the 2nd time.
We need all the good people to show bad poeple how to treat our Military.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:26 PM

Thank you for sharing a heartfelt story.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:32 PM

Thank you for sharing this story. It brought tears to my eyes.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:36 PM

Great story ree_nee. Who is Doug to you?
Old 03-22-2011, 07:46 PM

Thanks for sharing and for being there when he needed you the most. I have heard so many stories about soldiers being treated so badly, I want to personally knock some sense into those ungrateful people. I could never understand why they think they can have all the freedoms they get and not stand up for the ones that help us keep it that way.
I'm a strong believer that if you don't stand up and support our soldiers then you need to move out of the US and make room for those who believe in our country and what we stand for.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:26 PM

God bless you and Sgt. Loving.
His is a difficult story to hear, but I'm so very glad that you did, because many people simply don't realize that these men and women ARE the reason we're living the life we are...free and in a democracy. If it's alright with you, I would love to share it with my email friends.
Mona
Old 03-23-2011, 05:05 AM

Bless you. I will never understand how anyone could ever be unkind to our men and women in the service of our country.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:17 AM

I have to say Thank you for serving your country. Just as this soldier has served you have served him. Thank you for taking the time to care. I am a Marine Mom. It always touched my heart and gave me peace when our son would share his stories of the wonderful people whom looked out for him in his time away from home. Your are trully a hero. This soldier will carry this memory to help him press on. I love how God provides. I will pray for this young man. I hope you hear from him so you can share more with us. He will need encouraged with all he has been through. You just gave him Hope for another day. God Bless you!! You are a true American!!!
Old 03-23-2011, 08:27 AM

Doug, thank you for what you and your family did for this young man. My SIL(currently in Kuwait, daughter home in Okinawa where they are stationed) and DIL are both active duty now. My Son was in the army, my dad and husband are both retired USAF many of my family members have also proudly served. I can remember growing up my Dad always picked up everyone he saw in a uniform. Needless to say if any of my family were ever in this situation I would hope that they would meet someone like you or your family. God Bless you for all you did!
Old 03-23-2011, 06:15 PM

Thank you so much for caring, and I like you am so ashamed of how others treated him, coming from a military family myself. Even more, coming from the Kings family, people should never treat others like the way he was treated, but always like you treated him and I thank God for people like you that acted like the true Good Samaritan and took care of our American Hero. Thank you for sharing this great story.