Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Does anyone own a Dyson Vacuum? >

Does anyone own a Dyson Vacuum?

Does anyone own a Dyson Vacuum?

Old 03-23-2011, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by cattailsquilts
love love love my Dyson!
Me,too! I've had mine for 6+years with no problems...I wouldn't have anything else!
Old 03-23-2011, 07:54 AM

I have the Dyson cannister, hardwood floors with area rug, and I Love, Love, Love my vacuum. I also have the pleated window shades throughout my house and the soft dusting brush is ideal for vacuuming them. The first time I used it I was amazed at the amount of dirt and dust in the cannister! I thought I was a really good housekeeper, but couldn't believe what that vacuum picked up. My computer/sewing room is upstairs, and the cannister light enough to carry up without a problem and also light enough to carry down when vacuuming the stairs. No pets, but my DIL has the upright Dyson and a cat, and I never see any cat hair on her furniture or my clothing after I have been there visiting. I'd say get one....you'll love it. I bought mine online at http://www.abcvacuumwarehouse.com/. Check them out, I found the best prices there.

Thurma
Old 03-23-2011, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by SuzyQ
I have hardwood floors and a mastiff that sheds enough to re-fur a medium sized dog (LOL) so I just use a swiffer (don't even own a vacuum) but I have thought of getting a vacuum. How would a Dyson do on hardwood floors?

Susan
My animal Dyson has a hardwood floor setting. I was amazed it did so good there also.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:32 AM

I have had one for more than 10 years. I clean up after: 1 husband, 1 son in a wheelchair, 1 dog & 2 cats. We live in the country and have hardwood floors. I did wear out the hose but purchased and aftermarket one and it does just fine. I would not have any other vacuum ever!!!!
Old 03-23-2011, 09:36 AM

A friend of mine has one and she said, "Just write the check for it! You won't regret it!" I have an Austrailian Shepard and 4 Jack Russells.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:59 AM

Absolutely love mine and have lots of hair from the Beagle. GREAT suction for a bagless. Have had it several years no and still going strong. Will definitely buy another when the time comes.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:09 AM

We have 2 golden retrievers (lots and lots of blond hair everywhere) and our Dyson is FABULOUS!!! It is amazing to see how much dirt that thing can suck up out of a carpet that looks perfectly clean! Can't say enough positives about it! One of the golden girls is in my Avatar (Ruby Tuesday with her baby on our deck. She loves to lay on the deck and make snow angels.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:55 AM

I have had my Dyson for about seven years and I love it. I purchased a special edition grey colored one from Sears. It is actually the purple one which they used to call "the animal", and the only thing that made it special was that it came with attachments like the turbo attachment for vaccuming carpeted stairs, etc. I too find the hose cumbersome and not easy to use when trying to vaccum furniture and drapes with the attachments. Also, the cord is very long which at times can get in your way, but because it works great on pet hair I can live with these little aggravations. I have one beagle and they shedd a lot! It is amazing how much hair I pick up in the house. I use it to vaccum my rugs and hard wood floors.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:25 AM

I have had a purple Dyson for about 8 years. It's ok and has powerful suction. I don't think it's worth what they charge for all that plastic. The golden retrievers hair gets wrapped around the brush. Three years ago I bought a Miele with the power brush attachment. The dogs hairs get sucked right up, no wrapping around bar. The only down side is the bags are expensive and I use at least one a month. It can clean both wood and carpet, the Dyson only did carpeting unless you took it apart.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:28 AM

Hmmm...I don't have to take mine apart to change from different floorings. Just flip a dial from carpet to hard. Mine is several years old. Maybe they have changed now?