Garage as a sewing room

Old 03-24-2011, 08:57 AM

don't get sucked into that. :roll: move into the garage and you won't hear him from there either. he'll be gone in a while and you'll still be in his bedroom with his stuff all over the garage. this may be the only chance you get to get your foot in that door. by the time he leaves dh may have another use in mind for the space. back to square one. it's mommy time.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:06 AM

Before he buys a motorcycle or some other silly project

Oh heaven help us if he tries to get a motorcycle....A lot of men his age that we know are buying those... I've had had all the mid-life crisis I can take.[/quote]

Now way a minute, there nothing wrong with a motorcycle, they are so much fun, you get to see the country with the wind in your face, really motorcycle are great and not only that with the gas prices going up and up! Can I say there saving us a bunch of money! My husband and I both have our own bikes, and we love to ride state to state seeing beautiful country sides!
Old 03-24-2011, 09:08 AM

Well said,butterflywing. Go for your own space,pamkasbri.
You will enjoy it more than him. I am still trying to get rid of kid stuff and it has been 3 years since grandson left us.
Always "next time, gramma"
You deserve!!!
Old 03-24-2011, 09:12 AM

Lv2sew2011, the reason I said that was because himself is 70 years old and has not been on a motorcycle for 40 years and still thinks he is 30 and can flat track road race. This one he got is so heavy that if it falls we need to call the neighbors to help stand it up.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by pamkasperi
My youngest put a damper in my plans tonight though...he suggested that we wall up around the washer and dryer; clean it and fix it like I planned but move him out there. His reasoning - which kind of made sense is he is really into music - honors band; plays guitar and piano and being in the garage would make the house itself quieter - then I could have his room as a sewing room.....
if it's good enough for a sewing room, it's good enough for him to sleep in. buy a mini-fridge, mix the martinis and move in!!
Old 03-24-2011, 09:29 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
Before he buys a motorcycle or some other silly project

Oh heaven help us if he tries to get a motorcycle....A lot of men his age that we know are buying those... I've had had all the mid-life crisis I can take.
Now way a minute, there nothing wrong with a motorcycle, they are so much fun, you get to see the country with the wind in your face, really motorcycle are great and not only that with the gas prices going up and up! Can I say there saving us a bunch of money! My husband and I both have our own bikes, and we love to ride state to state seeing beautiful country sides![/quote]

Oh I personally have no issues with motorcycles...my husband on the other hand can't ride a bicycle without falling over - a motorcycle will crush him....he actually has issues with balance (missing 2 hearing bones in each ear from a form of a benign tumor).
Old 03-24-2011, 09:33 AM

My husband let me turn my two car garage into a sewing studio. He left the garage doors in and we just put a faux wall to cover them. The garage doors are still outside showing and the rails are in between the door and the faux wall. So, we can put it back the way it was if we were to ever move. I have my longarm in one bay and my tables in the other. Book shelfs with fabric along one wall and cabinetts along the other wall. After he did all the work he told me he was going to use it as a woodwork shop. Well he already had his things set up in the basement. So, he would have had two places and I none. I love my room. Its a disorganized mess alot.. Guess its my creativeness.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lindsey
My husband let me turn my two car garage into a sewing studio. He left the garage doors in and we just put a faux wall to cover them. The garage doors are still outside showing and the rails are in between the door and the faux wall. So, we can put it back the way it was if we were to ever move. I have my longarm in one bay and my tables in the other. Book shelfs with fabric along one wall and cabinetts along the other wall. After he did all the work he told me he was going to use it as a woodwork shop. Well he already had his things set up in the basement. So, he would have had two places and I none. I love my room. Its a disorganized mess alot.. Guess its my creativeness.
I love that idea of a faux wall - I was thinking peg board to cover it and make it usable but that is good!
Old 03-24-2011, 10:00 AM

lol, cute story. Reminds me of a time my DH said we could take a wall out between kitchen and living room. I waited and waited. So one day I start without him. golly gee I thought he was going to have a heart attack. He thought I went crazy. hahaha needless to say it worked and the wall came down. God buy your materials and start.... that is 95% of the job. The rest is just fallow through hahaha. Good luck and have a blast. :)
Old 03-24-2011, 11:30 AM

You go girl. and don't forget the coffee pot and kettle, you might be able to stay there for days on end,(she says green with envy)