Garage as a sewing room

Old 03-24-2011, 11:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by cazann
You go girl. and don't forget the coffee pot and kettle, you might be able to stay there for days on end,(she says green with envy)
TV, Computer, Radio and Coffee pot are on top of the list of supplies I must have....
Old 03-24-2011, 12:35 PM

I say go for it! Boys/men always have their stuff all over the place, my husband's "work room" looks like a tornado went through it. So I took over our home office, I stripped the ugly wall paper down that was up there from the previous home owner. I fixed the wall and painted the room (while he was on the road), put up the wall decor that I liked and took over one side of the office for my sewing/work area.

So I think you should have your own private place it always seems when we have families we always give everything to everyone else but we don't always do things just for us. Tell the family that you will be a more relaxed person if you have your own sanctuary.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by oldlady 77
Lv2sew2011, the reason I said that was because himself is 70 years old and has not been on a motorcycle for 40 years and still thinks he is 30 and can flat track road race. This one he got is so heavy that if it falls we need to call the neighbors to help stand it up.
No, see, if he can't lift it when it falls he shouldn't have it.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:45 PM

be careful where you go with that. i have loads of things i can't lift and i want to keep them all.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:34 PM

You go girl!!!
Old 03-24-2011, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
be careful where you go with that. i have loads of things i can't lift and i want to keep them all.
Me too but I don't think I am 30 and he does
Old 03-24-2011, 03:48 PM

lol.... he's obviously still struggling with 'car loss syndrome' and can't think about anything other than garage=car.

Actually.... speaking as one from Florida... just put in some roll out Owens-Corning insulation in the walls, sheet rock over, tape and mud. Paint. Then put a few halogen lights (torchere ones work really well). When you need heat, turn em on. The place will stay warm enough. Trust me!!!! :D Works for me!

Note: if you're going to enclose your garage... you really should talk to your town office. You'll need a permit and inspections. But... it will be so much less hassle in the long run. Consider putting in a window where part of that garage door was.

OR... .if you're going to only do this as a temporary thing (leaving it so that you can use it again as a garage later....) then leave the garage door un covered. Instead, insulate the back of it with the foam insul board stuff, cut to fit between the back struts of the door. You can then get a king sized flannel sheet and pin it to the back of the door/foam and have a HUGE design wall - instantly!
Old 03-24-2011, 03:55 PM

You know the old saying, "If Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!" Go for it!
Old 03-25-2011, 03:36 AM

I am just stunned! So tomorrow I'm going to finish cleaning and start rearranging and I may take some of his Mustang Money to go buy plywood and sheetrock - or maybe just a hammer to throw at him! HEAT!!!!![/quote]

He had 6 years, now you deserve six years. Go for it ( And I think the hammer idea is just fine!)
Old 03-25-2011, 06:25 AM
Banned

[Me too but I don't think I am 30 and he does[/quote]

ok so what is up with that? I accept the fact that I am 43 in fact for some reason I keep telling people I'm 44 (FS....I got pulled over the other day for an insurance check point in a school zone - I was good but the policeman asked "how old are you?" I said 45....he said "Wanna try again?" - not sure what made me say that!)

Anyway - my husband is 46 - he keeps telling people he is 40