Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 03-25-2011, 02:11 AM

Story of my life! I tidy up and can't find anything again. So now I don't tidy up anymore untill I'm finished what I'm doing.
Did 2 Jane blocks this morning, now have to run some errands and clean the house :(
Have a great day all :D
Old 03-25-2011, 03:29 AM

Anael have posted wk 11. My avatar was a quilt I made for my friend's 49+1 birthday LOL.

Check out the weekly blocks and there are lots of tips there if you get stuck or are not sure on what to do. Lots of people here to ask for help too.

Good luck and look forward to seeing some of your blocks.

Bev, when you're ready to post week 11 pics you've done quite some blocks already! I like your avatar, great colors![/quote]
Old 03-25-2011, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
There is something (smewhere, donīt ask me where) which shows how to do a curved seam.

Basically, start in the middle of your curved piece and instead of putting the pins in long ways as you would usually pin themlong ways so the pins pointed edge is sticking up do this as many times as you need to hold the curve and then I usually tack it. It holds better. Try that and see how you go.

Elle
i saw it when i was reseaching, before i recd my stfw, it was from 'that quilt'. someone had put a link up real early before you all had even started. did everyone press their seams open? i am concerned that mine are a little hard, and ridgey.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:59 AM
Power Poster

I started by trying to press my seams open, but they didn't work well that way...so I pressed them in a way that made sense to me. The little blocks do seem stiff because they are small with lots of seams in them and I also sprayed mine with Best Press prior to cutting them to size with the DJ ruler. There is soooo much fabric inside this quilt..actually more than there is on the outside if you think about it. Its also very very heavy..or at least mine is.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:28 AM

so, low loft poly batting prob is the best, instead of the warm and natural i use as a default on everything? i'm trying to research the cw colors on jane's quilt. to do my blocks the same/somewhat color she used.

and WHATEVER HAPPENED TO KLUE? I see, she was very 'frank' in her discussions sometimes. but i think this board, needs to let bygones, be bygones. she was a wonderful asset, in what i have read. but, then, i have just incountered her thru this dear jane blog. sandpat, and a couple others, i see you stepped up to the plate. thank you ever so much.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:44 PM
Power Poster

Klued is no longer a member of this board sew...so..whatever questions that you have..the rest of us will just have to do in giving you an answer.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:44 PM

Well of course. sandpat. your choc DJ is what grabbed me, and made me want to make one. and got me looking at them on the internet. i had not even seen one, till i saw your choc. didn't even really know what it was. and a week, or two later, i am hooked. line and sinker, gone. got the lst 2 weeks done. except week 2 triangle. boy that lst weeks triangle was a learning curve. i had read how to do it a week ago. went down, and thought, oh i can do it...... sure. rip, sure, rip. no, not like that. rip. backwards. wrong side up. etc. thinking about stuff, you can't think about anything else and do a triangle.
Old 03-26-2011, 12:43 AM

SewNso you are so not alone on that one. I actually gave up with the triangles half way through as I decided it wasnīīt something I really liked, not for me. So mine is having an applique border, thats if and when I ever get it finished.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:08 AM

Here are the blocks I did. They don't have any particular order. I have to say I'm proud of what I did LOL
I might redo the one with the yellow star though, I don't like how it came out.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-175034.jpe
Views:	104
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	175040  
Old 03-26-2011, 02:39 AM

Believe me Anael, when they are all finished and put together it will blend with everything. there were a couple I just had to redo because they were bad, but others I didnīt like the material I used looked great when put with the rest. Patti found the same, so save yourselve the heartache of doing it over, stick a safety pin in it for now and when they are all done put them together and if you really donīt like it then go for it.