Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hi from Argentina! >

Hi from Argentina!

Hi from Argentina!

Old 02-20-2009, 08:32 PM

Hi Penny, welcome from Georgia. I like your quilts!!

Wow, Argentina!! If you get a chance, can you post some pics of where you live? We all like to "travel" through our quilt board friends.

Oh, and here is where you posted your pics before
http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/l...84.page#261026
Old 02-20-2009, 09:02 PM

hello and welcome from another nyc girl. i only got as far as nj.

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Old 02-20-2009, 09:39 PM

Welcome from FL. Some of us very spoiled by the availability of cotton material. Most of us complain we spend so much but in reality most of us get by with our passion very economically. Post some of your work, we love to look at each others things.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:46 AM

Location: Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(

JCL:
Thanks for the welcome. I do love this site. Such nice people and so much good advice. Going to post sometime today and ask opinions of new material I am going to use and advice on choice of pattern. You will probably be able to see that in the topic Pictures as I will go there and it will probably be viewed on the last or next to last page of the post if you are curious (sorry for the spelling, LOL). :D
Thank God I am able to get some really good buys online and the internationa shipping has come down a lot. Usually it only costs $12.00 for up to 10 yards of fabric. Shipping still kills me because I always think of the yard or two of fabric I could buy with that money but HEY it is still so much cheaper then it use to be.
I did post some of my quilts in this thread, look on page two at the top of this page and you will see them there.
Penny
Old 02-21-2009, 07:48 AM

Butterflywing:
Thanks for the welcome NYC Girl. LMAO :lol: I always was a bit of an extremist, LOL
Penny
Old 02-21-2009, 09:29 AM

Lisa:
I can't imagine how cold it is in Michigan. My granddad use to call it tree snapping weather. It gets so cold the sap in the trees freeze and the tree explodes. It never gets that cold here. Here is like the weather in So Calif. In the winter the coldest it gets here is about 32 at night then goes into the 50's and 60's during the day. Not bad. My sister lives in Ithaca, NY and it gets really cold there too.
Thank you, and the others, for the compliments on my design. Got the basket weave blocks out of a 2003 quilting magazine. They used it to make a quilt from japanese kimono fabric. I cut out the teddy bears from extra fabric from the back and fused and handquilted them onto the blocks, also handquilted the border and machine quilted the rest. I like combining hand quilting with machine quilting.
Penny
Old 02-21-2009, 09:31 AM

Pam:
Thanks for the compliment. If you are interested then see my answer to LisaT on page 3 of this post for how I got the idea for the blocks.
:D Penny :D
Old 02-21-2009, 09:32 AM

I am like you. I have admired everyone's work but have not posted anything. Maybe one day. Welcome again, from Fallston, Maryland.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:54 AM

Fairway:
Thank you so much for the welcome
I did post some of my work on the second page of this post. Just go to page 2 found at the top or bottom of the screen. Now you have to post some of your work. Everyone loves to see what each person has done. Go to the Quilting Forum main page then to the topic "Pictures" and see what everyone has done. There are so many beautiful designs and so much good advice too.
Penny
Old 02-21-2009, 09:57 AM

Welcome Penny from the snowy state of New Hampshire!

Your quilts are beautiful - and let me think . . . Argentina - MUST be summer there!! We are to get another 10 inches of snow tomorrow so I will definitely be thinking of you tomorrow!!