Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
It's like a Hoarders episode on your computer >

It's like a Hoarders episode on your computer

It's like a Hoarders episode on your computer

Old 03-27-2011, 06:37 AM

I couldn't handle looking at all the pictures! I stopped just after the calendars!{{{ Shudder}}}Makes my little bit of clutter look like nothing! :| :|
Old 03-27-2011, 06:42 AM

Wow!

That's all I can say...
Old 03-27-2011, 06:42 AM

I am shocked..it took me quite awhile to look at all these pictures and for my mind to accept what I was seeing..Sometimes we have to hurt the ones we love and if it was me..I would be tossing..I feel bad for the woman, she has a sickness and needs to be helped very much so..I hope that she gets help soon..
Old 03-27-2011, 06:45 AM

I'm not a neat freak, but I could NOT live in that house. I looked at those pictures, and my thought was that it looks like she at least throws out the food trash. That person needs a serious intervention.

Watching Hoarders is/was the best thing for me. It makes me think what I can live without. If I can't remember the last time I used it or what purpose I bought it for, the object goes away.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ
Originally Posted by Maiziedo
I have not laughed this hard in ages!!!!!
Sorry, I just can't laugh about this. If you've ever known someone like this, it's torturous. The push-pull...the mounds and mounds of stuff...it's anything but funny to everyone involved.
I agree, it is a horrible thing, but excuse me, I did have to laugh. I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone. I have watched shows on TV and I do realize that it is a disease and not one to be overcome easily. If I offend so easily, I guess I will just quit posting unless I need some advice in a quilting nature. I thought that this is what this site was intended for, anyway. Altho I do enjoy the humerous videos and jokes, my comments will from now on be only quilt oriented.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:58 AM

Was this the house they played off of on CSI? The one where there were bodies in the back yard? They thought it was the mom but IT WAS THE DAUGHTER. Bodies were under couches, boxes stacked just like this creating a maze to pass through. The mom had a computer area too and worked outside the home in a full time position, being amongst people without issue.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:59 AM

People have actually killed themselves after others have took it upon themselves to "clean up" This is a serious mental condition that can not be cured by just throwing things out. I have an aunt who was like this, her daughter came in and threw things away ,cleaned up etc. My aunt has given up the will to live.... I wish they had went about things diffrently.

I am by far a christian/religious person havn't followed that path for many years but I always recall what my dad always said when we see others less fortunate. "But for the grace of god there go I " ( before someone corrects this quote,I may be miss quoting the origional ,I didn't come from educated people,just wise ones:) )
Old 03-27-2011, 07:20 AM

You can laugh all you want. It's your right to laugh if you feel like it. Just as it is that woman's right to have whatever amount of stuff she wants to have. It's HER house. It's HER stuff. And whoever said there should be an intervention is going to be offended, now, because what on earth gives one person the right to go through another person's things and say, hey, you don't live the way we think you should, so we're going to come in and mess up your little world. How would we like it if those who didn't quilt and sew came into our sewing rooms(and I've seen some nasty messy rooms on this board)and said, hmmm, we don't sew, and that's weird to us, and we don't think you should have this stuff, so we are going to take it away, and you have no say about it. NOT COOL....it's no one's business but hers. and how dare her offspring expose her little world that she has worked so hard at.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ
I have not laughed this hard in ages!!!!!
Sorry, I just can't laugh about this. If you've ever known someone like this, it's torturous. The push-pull...the mounds and mounds of stuff...it's anything but funny to everyone involved.
I agree, it is a horrible thing, but excuse me, I did have to laugh. I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone. I have watched shows on TV and I do realize that it is a disease and not one to be overcome easily. If I offend so easily, I guess I will just quit posting unless I need some advice in a quilting nature. I thought that this is what this site was intended for, anyway. Altho I do enjoy the humerous videos and jokes, my comments will from now on be only quilt oriented.
No need for *you* to get upset or offended. It's clear that you've never known someone like this. Everyone's got free will...continue to post as you see fit!
Old 03-27-2011, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by MrsRodgers
You can laugh all you want. It's your right to laugh if you feel like it. Just as it is that woman's right to have whatever amount of stuff she wants to have. It's HER house. It's HER stuff. And whoever said there should be an intervention is going to be offended, now, because what on earth gives one person the right to go through another person's things and say, hey, you don't live the way we think you should, so we're going to come in and mess up your little world. How would we like it if those who didn't quilt and sew came into our sewing rooms(and I've seen some nasty messy rooms on this board)and said, hmmm, we don't sew, and that's weird to us, and we don't think you should have this stuff, so we are going to take it away, and you have no say about it. NOT COOL....it's no one's business but hers. and how dare her offspring expose her little world that she has worked so hard at.
Thank you.Maiziedo