Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
It's like a Hoarders episode on your computer >

It's like a Hoarders episode on your computer

It's like a Hoarders episode on your computer

Old 03-27-2011, 08:01 AM
Banned

how truly sad...I do not know who is worse, the daughter for living in it , or the mother...the mom is clearly sick...she is sad, lonely depressed, and a hoarder extraordinaire! I would love the have the money she has obviously blown on ebay...but she needs help...real counseling help to get rid of this...and it needs to start with some one taking control of her finances and declaring her mentally unfit.

Poor thing..but working with the estate people I have seen a lot of it...rooms full of QVC and ebay boxes never opened...one lady had an entire bedroom full of those jewelry armoires, all full of jewelry from QVC..not the cheapest stuff either...her kids had no idea...another room was full of Fenton glass..she was a qvc junky and run up $180K in credit card debt! Nice legacy to leave your family!

Fear of having a stash is NOTHING like this...a stash is for a working purpose...even a large stash..this lady has collected a landfill full of garbage....
Old 03-27-2011, 08:08 AM

Scary but there are so many in that same situation - we were till I got busy and cleaned out a lot of useless stuff - the garbage men were overwhelmed and asked me if I had finished after 3 weeks of heavy pickups. I say Yes and we were both relieved !! :lol:
Old 03-27-2011, 08:18 AM

oh my she needs an intervention.that is why I go thru my closets at least 1 or 2 times a yr.so I don't live like that.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:32 AM

I thought I was in my house there for a minute! :lol:
Old 03-27-2011, 08:33 AM

She is complaining now, and her mom does need to stop, but when she goes thru and sees the hundreds of dollars of collection things, she will be glad her mom had it all. The house seems nice but the dust isn't. Bless her heart. But I believe in live and let live, she is not hurting anyone and hoading in illness of a sort.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:08 AM
np3
Power Poster

Okay, where did I miss where we know this is a daughter. I think it is her son. And I agree, he is lazy.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:55 AM

Wow, that just made me clean out my bedroom which was starting to look a bit messy. Thanks for the motivation.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
how truly sad...I do not know who is worse, the daughter for living in it , or the mother...the mom is clearly sick...she is sad, lonely depressed, and a hoarder extraordinaire! I would love the have the money she has obviously blown on ebay...but she needs help...real counseling help to get rid of this...and it needs to start with some one taking control of her finances and declaring her mentally unfit.

Poor thing..but working with the estate people I have seen a lot of it...rooms full of QVC and ebay boxes never opened...one lady had an entire bedroom full of those jewelry armoires, all full of jewelry from QVC..not the cheapest stuff either...her kids had no idea...another room was full of Fenton glass..she was a qvc junky and run up $180K in credit card debt! Nice legacy to leave your family!

Fear of having a stash is NOTHING like this...a stash is for a working purpose...even a large stash..this lady has collected a landfill full of garbage....
Who are you to say she is sad or lonely? You know nothing about this woman. It's her collection, and her business.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by wolph33
oh my she needs an intervention.that is why I go thru my closets at least 1 or 2 times a yr.so I don't live like that.
Once again...who are you to say what this woman needs? It's not your place, nor your business.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by MrsRodgers
Originally Posted by jaciqltznok

Who are you to say she is sad or lonely? You know nothing about this woman. It's her collection, and her business.
Actually this is a mental disorder and always associated with depression, often comes about after a significant loss. The son actually mentions that she has boxes piled so she can hide from people in the kitchen, that is not appropriate behavior. The post is several years old, would like to know where this situation is right now. I suspect she also has health problems with all the dust and likely there has to be a rodent infestation with that much hidden areas, especially food hoarding.