Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
It's like a Hoarders episode on your computer >

It's like a Hoarders episode on your computer

It's like a Hoarders episode on your computer

Old 03-28-2011, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by Maiziedo
I have not laughed this hard in ages!!!!! It looks like it would have been a lovely home, if you could find it. If I had been the daughter, I would not have moved in in the first place. I don't care if it was cheap!! I'd rather pitch a tent in the park. Too bad the comments were so nasty.
I did not find it funny at all, I found it sad. the poor lady obviously needs psychiatric help and I hope she has gotten it by now, as those pictures are years old. I would suspect she had some childhood trauma and is insecure and her stuff provides her with comfort. Can;t imagine any child posting pictures of their mother's problems like that for everyone to make fun of.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:46 AM

[/i] My daughter is a professional organizer that deals with this kind of sickness. I would NEVER be able to work with people like that. No patience on my end for that kind of living. I love neat, clean, and everything in its place or my mind cannot operate on anything else. [/i]
Old 03-28-2011, 08:54 AM

My SIL is/was like this.She passed in January. For about 2 months before she died, I was going down there & helping her get rid of crap & cleaning things up. I could see what her future held. I knew there was no way any EMT or morgue could ever get in her house. She was finally put in a home for her remaining days. The mess is left to her husband. We have offered to come and help clean up the place. I guess he's doing it little by little. But, it is a sickness...sad,sad,sad.....
Old 03-28-2011, 09:40 AM

All that junk and not a sewing machine in sight. What's wrong with that poor lady. We quilters have an excuse I think.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by jad1044
And you'd clean this HOW?
IT'S CALLED A DUMPSTER!!!!!!!!

No one seems to think about ( the mom isn't) who is going to clean this up when she dies. I certainly wouldn't want to touch alot that.

There is nothing wrong with clutter.But when you can't find your bed or kitchen sink there is a problem!
Old 03-28-2011, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by MrsRodgers
Yes. The comments. I didn't find the pictures half as offensive as reading the language that everyone used. Now I'm not perfect, I use bad language..but that was totally uncalled for. At least there was some semblance of order to most of her stuff.
Yes, the comments were an appalling use of the English language, I found myself thinking....don't they know any other words! It is a disease, and she does need help.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:46 AM

My prayers go out for her and her child, and for those who used such offensive language in their comments - not to mention their insensitivity.
I do not find this sutiation funny in the least. I thing it is very, very sad. I am not sure where the line between live and let live and the need for intervention lies, but I do believe she has crossed it.
That being said, I'd better get off this computer and do some cleaning of my own.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:38 AM

Unbelieveable....and I agree the language in the comments were extremely offensive unfortunately it's the way many people talk normally these days but the most important thing to remember is they are allowed to vote.!
Old 03-28-2011, 12:24 PM

There is a TV show on TLC about hoarding and it's really amazing at the number of people that have this problem. They will ask for help then refuse to throw or give anything away. There are also animal hoarders that are even worse. They keep a house full of cats, dogs and one even had 2,000 rats. It is very pitiful for some one to get in that condition. I really feel for them.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:23 PM

Reading that made me feel so sad--for the Mom who obviously has significant problems, but also for the adult child who (from the tone of their narrative) seems to have mental health/anger problems of their own. My heart hurts for both of them!

Originally Posted by ptquilts
Check out this linke if you think YOU have a lot of junk

http://lee.org/journal/journal%20030...20insane%20%28~5M%20of%20photos%29.htm