Sister Wives

Old 03-29-2011, 03:01 PM

michlowe, To ...my mom had 2 husbands...they all knew? WOW !!!
Old 03-29-2011, 03:05 PM

i prefer movies to t.v. , or cooking house game shows, and tired of the rich, famous & reality. Good for Kate, I think she is getting a hands on education for her kids, and making plenty of money, but I don't care, it's not my life. I Love & life my life,not theirs.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:11 PM

hm would ANY of you like to have 3 or 4 husbands?? Not me! The Laundry would NEVER get finished!
Old 03-29-2011, 03:22 PM

I watch sometimes but can only imagine what there real life is like. There has to be lots of jealouse feelings of inadequencey and low self esteem . I wonder what would happen if therre was brother husbands
Old 03-29-2011, 03:31 PM

i haven,t seen it ,but i was into big love from HBO and loved it i found it very interesting how they lived by there rules ,i know i can,t live like that i can share the chores but not the man
Old 03-29-2011, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by sassey
I watch sometimes but can only imagine what there real life is like. There has to be lots of jealouse feelings of inadequencey and low self esteem .
I agree.
Did ya'll see the episode where one "wife" was giving birth and he was kissing his girlfriend? they show glimmers of unhappieness and it is sad to see.
I have a sick desire to tune in and the whole time I am sad for these women. his legal wife outright said she thought of leaving but stayed for her daughter. ummmm . . . i am sure her teenage daughter realizes how weird the whole thing is. No one was happy about the new "wife" all of them were very upset, and yet.. . he got another one.
doesnt seem like mutual decisions to me, seems like he have a god complex and does whatever the heck he wants.
sad.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:08 PM

I have watched a few episodes of both Sister Wives & Big Love. I don't watch them on a regular basis because they misrepresent the Mormon faith so much. Like was said before, Mormon's do not practice polygamy any more & when it was practiced it was a very small percentage of the church. Mormon's believe in obeying the law of the country they live in. I personally can't image living in such a situation & I would not want a second husband to keep happy either!!
Old 03-29-2011, 07:50 PM

Oh they are still called Mormons. And you can find polygamysts all over out west. This guy ia a real jerk, and most of the wives are living off welfare because they can't get jobs. Ooooops, sorry, did not mean to come off sounding harsh...but there are a lot more of those people around than anyone might think. Of course, they are also making good mondy from the show....so they don't need to work do they? At least the women don't look like Stepford Wives, but what does he see in any of them except the latest....But then again, what to they see in him....he is really creepy,,!!!
Old 03-29-2011, 08:04 PM

No, I find it disgusting ... why on earth those women choose to live like that I'll never understand. Of course the husband thinks it's a good idea, but the women???
Old 03-29-2011, 08:14 PM

From watching a special that aired before the season primere, he claims the car is 10 yrs old, they left for Vegas because of the stress of "outing" themselves in Utah and "No more wives". Then later, one of them said "Maybe in 10 yrs or so". Actually, one of the older daughters said she will not live her life like them, "One husband, one wife" for her.

Wife #2 is actually the ex SIL of wife #1. Yikes!

This is the only reality show I watch simply because the life style fasinates me. No different then the facination (for me) of Mobsters (no respect for life at all),ancient royalty, old West anything-I could go on. I should have been a history teacher!