I have failed....

Old 03-31-2011, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
Originally Posted by pamkasperi
as a Mother I may have failed.

My mother did it right. We were forced and tought and had to crammed into us that IF YOU USE THE LAST OF THE TOILET PAPER YOU GET A NEW ROLL AND YOU EVEN PUT IT ON THE SPINDLE....

Not one of my 5 kids knows how to do this....so I have failed....

Well not really failed I guess - they have learned to leave 4 squares on there so that its not really empty and in their minds needs to be replaced.

I don't understand it??? I don't care if the toilet paper is over or if its under...I dont' even really mind if its not on the spindle - althought I prefer it that way so it doesn't end up in the toilet. BUT.... I REALLY DO MIND going to the bathroom and there only being 4 square or there being NONE!

I thought I was teaching them everything they needed to know before they tackled the real world but I just missed this one!!!
Been there, done that. My youngest son lived here with me till a few years ago when he bought his own house down the road apiece. Now there were just the two of us here, and he would snack on something and leave like one cracker in the package, or a tablespoon of milk in the carton, or one cookie in the package, or just a tiny bit of salad left, on and on it goes. When I asked him why he didn't just finish it up, he said he didn't want to be the one to eat it ALL up. I guess it is the same way with the toilet paper. My husband NEVER refilled the toilet paper roller. Harrrumph :!: :!: :!:
i have one who used to eat all the leftovers EXCEPT 1 bite... and leave the fork or spoon in it... so we always knew which one of the boys did it!
Old 03-31-2011, 05:36 PM

Sounds like the one ice cube left in a tray. :-)
Old 03-31-2011, 05:54 PM
KK

I keep a pretty basket with extra rolls in it on the floor near the toilet - very handy !!! :))
Old 03-31-2011, 06:29 PM

You haven't failed.... there just being T#r#s... Did the sign work?? Can always have a required Family night, lots of soda and drinks, and remove all rolls, make a necklace of full rolls... may get the drift what todays family night is all about..... Nothing wrong w/Mom loosing it now and then, They'll remember it forever!! :) Probibly laugh about it later but may get the point.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by pamkasperi
as a Mother I may have failed.

My mother did it right. We were forced and tought and had to crammed into us that IF YOU USE THE LAST OF THE TOILET PAPER YOU GET A NEW ROLL AND YOU EVEN PUT IT ON THE SPINDLE....

Not one of my 5 kids knows how to do this....so I have failed....

Well not really failed I guess - they have learned to leave 4 squares on there so that its not really empty and in their minds needs to be replaced.

Mine did that with ice trays when the ice maker is on the fritz' They leave one cube in the tray so it's not their turn to fill it up!!!

I don't understand it??? I don't care if the toilet paper is over or if its under...I dont' even really mind if its not on the spindle - althought I prefer it that way so it doesn't end up in the toilet. BUT.... I REALLY DO MIND going to the bathroom and there only being 4 square or there being NONE!

I thought I was teaching them everything they needed to know before they tackled the real world but I just missed this one!!!
Old 03-31-2011, 07:37 PM

Today at work one of my coworkers mentioned that she had something to complain about and, of course, we were all ears, and she proceeded to vent about her son and husband who NEVER replace the toilet paper!!!!!! Her son said it was "too hard" to get it on the holder so she replaced all the holders with those open ended slide on ones and still, her son doesn't replace the paper and her husband puts the roll ON TOP of it. I told her about your situation and she actually felt better knowing she was not alone.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:51 PM
sap

solved that problem by carryin my own roll in with me. couldn't hear them yellin when they needed some tp. oh did I tell u I lived in an all male house hold, even the dog n cat were boys!
Old 03-31-2011, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by sap
solved that problem by carryin my own roll in with me. couldn't hear them yellin when they needed some tp. oh did I tell u I lived in an all male house hold, even the dog n cat were boys!
When I told my DH about this, that's exactly what he said - tell her to carry her own roll, the heck with them!
Old 03-31-2011, 09:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by C.Cal Quilt Girl
You haven't failed.... there just being T#r#s... Did the sign work?? Can always have a required Family night, lots of soda and drinks, and remove all rolls, make a necklace of full rolls... may get the drift what todays family night is all about..... Nothing wrong w/Mom loosing it now and then, They'll remember it forever!! :) Probibly laugh about it later but may get the point.
Tonight I went in the bathroom and the sign now read:

Mom is mad
Her face is red
She made this sign
because we make her sad

So put some stupid
toilet paper
in the bathroom when
your done **don't make fun of the non rhyming part or I'll hit you**

But guess what - there was toilet paper in there tonight! (last part leads me to believe my 12 year old did it)...Oh well....win some lose some - and some you call a draw!
Old 03-31-2011, 10:11 PM

I keep extra rolls in a cabinet in the bathroom. You might want to do that if you have space, (but don't tell the children).
{You can use it for your needs and "hide it again".)

If they find that they need to wipe and the spool is empty, well, they might just start getting the picture.

You haven't failed, they might just be counting on you too much. When my boys got old enough to cook for themselves, I kept telling them that if I dropped dead tomorrow they still would have to eat. Worked for mine, and one is even a better cook than his Mom! :lol: :thumbup: