Let the sun shine in!

Old 03-31-2011, 04:28 AM

My house has tall skinny windows and with a vaulted ceiling in the living room and kitchen, they are really hard to clean on the outside. My husband would clean them , but never to my satisfaction. I bought the windex outdoor cleaner kit. It has pads you attach to a pole (the pole that comes with it wasn't long enough, so my husband bought me a longer one at lowe's) and then you just spray the window with the garden hose, clean with the pad and rinse. It does a fantastic job!! Never any streaks always gets them clean. And i don't have to be on a ladder. I have 25 windows plus the garage windows. I can clean them all with one pad AND I clean the car windows on both of our cars with the same pad. I only wish I could do the same with the inside of the windows and all the mirrors in my house.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:33 AM

Whether you use Windex or vinegar and water, make sure to use crumpled up black and white newspaper. Seems weird, but it really works.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:37 AM

Thanks...I'll check into the kit.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:54 AM

Don't wash ur windows when the sun is high in the sky. That will always leaves streaks!
Old 03-31-2011, 01:23 PM

Cool! I've always loved the idea of living in a building that was once something else! I think it would be really neat to live in a building that was once a school or a mill. I see things on revitalization projects like that all the time.[/quote]

Umm, sorry all these have ever been is apartments prior to being condos. But they are considered Bauhaus in style so that gives us the historic (or as DH likes to say hysteric) designation. They are considered so sturdy we still have a civil defense sign on a basement storage area for a shelter :lol: :lol: Goes back to the cold war. I feel really secure in here, the doors are all metal and we only know of one break in. The intruders had all day to get in and it seems it took them that long to break the metal door or the frame. They are also fireproof. Cold as heck all winter, once the brick cools down it sucks the life out of ya.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:58 PM

Have you heard of Norwex Products? They are microfiber cloths and they are very big in the Canada. They are awesome & are better than the others that claim to be Microfiber because they hold up & last longer.