Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Making Money Quilting >

Making Money Quilting

Making Money Quilting

Old 09-28-2007, 05:38 AM

That's a market I am not familiar with, Cheryl! How are you promoting it? To whom do you market it? Did you design your patterns yourself? Do you sell the software so people can embroider those designs or only the finished product? Do you limit how your client can use them? How do you find non-copyrighted patterns to sell? Do you sell locally?

I think it might be helpful to have on your site some project ideas, especially on the front page, so people can see what they can do with the embroidered squares.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:40 AM

The designs that I use include approval to resell the products that the design has been embroidered on. I am very careful about copyright law.

I am only selling the finished product as a service to those who don't own an expensive embroidery machine and all the product that goes with it. There is no limit how the embroidery can be used and I hope people will share their finished product with me so that we can include many ideas on the site.

I buy all of my patterns online through major embroidery pattern supply companies, they are available to anyone for purchase.

This is a new site. My wonderful husband, a software engineer, designed the site and is continuing to improve it. Once he has everything figured out we will be promoting our own designs.

I am marketing to anyone who would like to include beautiful embroidery pieces in their projects of any kind; quilts, table runners, wall hangings, framed as stand alones to name a few. Our primary focus will be selling on the web, but I plan to start doing some direct sales through shows.

Thank you for your reply
Cheryl
Old 09-28-2007, 08:24 AM

Cheryl, I may have missed it but I didn't see ant sizes on the designs or how big of a piece of fabric they are on. I think your prices are reasonable, I have a machine and know how much thread and other supplies it takes. Good luck in your venture.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:23 AM

I have an aunt that makes baby quilts and charges $65. She says she isn't interested in making profit so much as just funding her hobby! :)
Old 09-28-2007, 10:42 AM

If you click on the picture on the initial page it will take you to the item page where all of the information is shown, including an enlarge picture.

Thanks for looking
Cheryl
Old 09-28-2007, 11:46 AM

:D Thanks Cathie--- ALL of your advice is top notch.. Thanks again. I did go to that site-love it!
Old 09-28-2007, 12:18 PM

I'm glad it helps! I am just getting ready to list some wall quilts and maybe a tablerunner or two. Taking the pics and getting them edited and uploaded takes me a while, and then I make an html page for the auction... sometimes I think all of that takes longer than making the quilts!!
Old 09-28-2007, 02:00 PM

:D :shock: :roll: :mrgreen: I'm going to look when you get them on- let us know :D
Old 09-28-2007, 04:20 PM

Here is the html page I made for the dahlia quilt - it's not listed yet, but I will take the html from this page and paste it into the ebay listing page when I do that.

http://www.hopechestcollection.com/gqimages/giantdahlia.html
Old 09-28-2007, 06:39 PM

very beautiful work