Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
WORST  April Fools PRANK you pulled on someone OR was pulled on you >

WORST April Fools PRANK you pulled on someone OR was pulled on you

WORST April Fools PRANK you pulled on someone OR was pulled on you

Old 04-03-2011, 04:27 AM

This one made me laugh so hard I cried! what a great one!
Rose

Originally Posted by Qbee
My 18 year old DD got me good ONLY because so much is going on that I totally forgot that it was the April 1st. I have been helping her get ready for her big Spring Break trip to Florida. It is her senior year and so it's a big deal. They are going with an adult but I have still worried. Anyway....she came home to get last minute things today and I had to give the "people get to these places where they don't know anyone and sometimes do things they wouldn't normally do....blah...blah...blah" speech one last time.
She blurts out "Mom....I told you a hundred times...I am NOT going to have sex on Spring Break"..then out of the blue she adds.....
"if you must know...I'm already pregnant! I didn't want to tell you till I got back".
I immediately teared up and so of course she immediately started laughing....."Geez mom....I figured you would know it was my April Fool's joke". Guess who almost didn't get to go on Spring Break this year?!!
Old 04-03-2011, 01:12 PM

I'm not very clever but DH once pulled a good prank on his boss. He listed his bosses beloved truck in the classified ads for dirt cheap, saying he was in need of quick cash. The phones at work rang off the hook that day.

The next year (same boss, who is terrified of spiders), DH caught a spider and put it in a ziploc baggie and left it on his desk. The boss yelled at him to remove it. Later that day, his boss put on his jacket to go home. He reached into his pocket to get his car keys but found a ziploc bag and freaked out.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:06 PM

oh, what a good time i've had laughing at all these pranks!
about 25 years ago i made a cake for one of the teachers i worked with and was friends with. it was an original idea at the time, but i see now many have thought of it! anyway, it was ray's april 1st birthday, so who could resist? certainly not ME! it was a small cake in the pan, beautifully decorated and i fully expected he would share it with the rest of us in the teachers' room. the joke was on me! he had a guest coming for dinner and he took it home with him. when he took it out of the refrigerator to serve it he thought it had frozen because he couldn't cut it easily. he got a sharper knife and after some struggling he discovered it was styrofoam. iheard ALL about it on april 2nd!
Old 04-03-2011, 06:09 PM

I work in a very small office....just 8 gals. One gal was very into April fool's pranks. She came into the office after hours on the 31st and prepped. She put clear nail polish on the nibs of pens, tape on the bottom side of every ones' mouse, tape on the phones, etc. Because we are small, we have to stagger lunches, and hers is the first one...at 11:00. We all watched in amazement as THE BOSS went to work on some retaliation. She taped two drawers together so that if one opened, they both did...mouse and keyboard were unplugged...and the best one? This gal had gone to the local Chinese restaurant for lunch, so we knew she would be thirsty when she got back. The boss took her water bottle and added about a cup of white vinegar to it!!!! Yup....a great huge gulp and a very loud holler!!!!! LOL She was a good sport about it and laughed...and then declared that the war is now on....just wait for next year!!!! ;)

Patti
Old 04-04-2011, 05:44 AM
Power Poster

Patti...thats so funny! I bet yours is a fun office to work in!
Old 04-04-2011, 06:56 AM

mO. sTART qUILT cO. SAID IT WAS GOING OUT OF QUILT SUPPLY BUSINESS!
Old 04-04-2011, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by auntiehenno
mO. sTART qUILT cO. SAID IT WAS GOING OUT OF QUILT SUPPLY BUSINESS!
Ha ha, this better be an April Fools joke!!
Old 04-04-2011, 07:06 AM

Belated birthday wishes to you.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:19 PM

Thanks for letting him share this one!
Old 04-05-2011, 08:34 AM

My DD and I use to work at the same Nursing home. One day I took one of the residents toy 4 inch spider life like and put it in an empty bed. When she pulled back the blanket she screamed. We do not work together any more, its a shame.