Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Why does this always happen? >

Why does this always happen?

Why does this always happen?

Old 04-04-2011, 06:29 AM

Oh My, you must have a strange addiction. None of the rest of us would ever do such a thing.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:32 AM

Doesn't sound anything is wrong with you. You just are a true member of the quilters world.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
Originally Posted by Jeanniebelle
There is nothing wrong with you. I have several UFO's myself. Currently I am making baby clothes for a new great-nephew, a quilt for Christmas for a lady my hubbie works with, making shirts for my neice's husband and making a quilt project for my quilting class. I am having a hard time devoting enough quality time to any one of these projects as well as keeping up with the housework and cooking. Jeanniebelle

What?! We're supposed to do housework AND cook? Now that's a problem. :lol:
Yeah, that sucks. I hated housework before I started quilting but the hatred has grown immensely since then.
Two weeks ago my husband invited his sister and her husband to our house on Saturday to spend the day and have a grill-out. I threw a fit and said no way he was inviting anyone into this dirty, cluttered house. So he called Sister and said let's meet at a restaurant half way so you won't have to drive so far...

Then Monday he gets up and says NO QUILTING until this house is fit for company! And NO, you cannot hire someone to come in and help you.

:shock: :shock:

So today is Monday and I can quilt again. I have been pouting all weekend. Tonight we are eating sandwiches for dinner. (So I don't have to wash dishes). I am plotting further revenge as I plan my next project....
Old 04-04-2011, 06:57 AM

Just as I'm sitting there diligently quilting a UFO, I take a break and I find a link to a pattern that I have wanted forever! Now I want to stop what I am doing and start something new! It is a paper-pieced double wedding ring that would be perfect for a scrappy quilt.

Google paper-pieced Double wedding ring quilt pattern and you will see the site for McCalls Quilting. Templates and instructions are there in PDF for printing or to save.

What's wrong with me?? :lol:
Nothing is wrong with you. You sound like me and most quilters I know (I'm sure there is nothing wrong w/all of us). Perhaps you could reward yourself for completing the UFO your working on with a promise to yourself to do the double wedding ring quilt when you are finished.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:02 AM

Tonnie most of us have a least 5 quilts going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-04-2011, 07:03 AM

Just as I'm sitting there diligently quilting a UFO, I take a break and I find a link to a pattern that I have wanted forever! Now I want to stop what I am doing and start something new! It is a paper-pieced double wedding ring that would be perfect for a scrappy quilt.

Google paper-pieced Double wedding ring quilt pattern and you will see the site for McCalls Quilting. Templates and instructions are there in PDF for printing or to save.

There is not a thing wrong with you...it is just the excitement of a new adventure into your fabric art. But be strong and finish what you are doing first and you will be happier with yourself in the end for not creating another UFO.

I know the feeling all too well myself but resist it even if I have to grit my teeth to do it. LOL. As you work on your current project plan the double wedding ring in your mind. I do that so often...work on one while planning another.

Happy quilting and let us know how you are doing on the wedding ring quilt. I have one that is an UFO as I find it hard to put together and have ripped out as much as I have sewn as I wanted it to match up perfectly. I recently went to a quilt show that had a double wedding ring that won first prize and upon very, very close inspection I found that not all the seams matched up. Nevertheless, it was a gorgeous quilt and just looking at it the inperfections did not show up. That was an encouragement to me. Keep plugging along on the UFO.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:17 AM

Sounds normal to me !!!!
Old 04-04-2011, 07:39 AM

NOTHING absolutely NOTHING.

I thing most quilters were related in another life....
Old 04-04-2011, 07:51 AM

Not a thing that I can see. :thumbup:

[quote=TonnieLoree]
Old 04-04-2011, 07:59 AM

That is why they are called UFOs. (unfinished objects). There is always something more interesting to start. LOL