Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy >

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

Old 04-04-2011, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Therese
Originally Posted by CAROLJ
Originally Posted by JHolm
I'm new here and have problems resisting sweets, which is bad because I'm diabetic and need to control my sugar. Sunday is the worst for me because I'm in charge of Sunday Morning Fellowship ( coffee & treats) at church. Every Sunday morning I find myself binging. I'm leaving for church in about an hour please pray for me or at least think about me while I face my hardest temptation. I will post when I get home to let everyone know how I did.
Jeanne, I hope your day goes well. Sweets for me set off cravings! I truly feel your angst!
I'm in the same boat regarding sugar. Augghhhh!!! That's a horrible job to be in charge of. Stay by the coffee pot! :)
I'm the same way. If I had 1 m&m right now I would probably eat a half pound of them and wash it down with a snickers and a couple cookies! Right now it is best if I just don't have any. If you can get through the first few days of not eating much sugar you kind of stop craving it so much and I can go longer without eating without feeling shakey and starving.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:16 PM

Thank you all so very much for all your comments. i am fighting temptation to get up and get something to eat and all your messages have kept me from doing just that for the last hour. Now what am I going to do? Go to bed hungry. Maybe I will have a rice cake with peanut butter. That's better than a Hersheys square.
Going in tomorrow for a spinal epidural so nothing to eat after midnight tonight.
Keep up the good work to those of you who are suffering.

Duvet
Old 04-04-2011, 10:37 PM

So here is my update:

We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.

My new mantra! HAHAHA!!

Missygirl *BIG GRIN*
Old 04-05-2011, 03:35 AM

gentle fitness by Catherine MacRae is a good CD also. she has disabled people, stroke victims, etc doing the excercise tape with her as she leads the sessions. chair, or with the support of a chair excercises. works almost every muscle in the body. uses pilates, yoga, just all kinds of gentle stretches, and movements. but gives you energy, and strength in your muscles to do everyday housework. gets me in shape for gardening every yr.

it starts out at level one, then more streneous excercises, all with chair. you can start and stop at any point.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:32 AM

Just got caught up on all the messages. Is anyone else having trouble with this board? I couldn't go from one topic to another and when I tied to post, it took over 2 minutes and then closed without posting. Please know I'm so grateful for all the suggestions and input--you guys rock.
Monday is payday so I'll get some veggies and try your recipes; they sound good, but I know myself too well--it'll prob have to be V-8.
Tru I'm so sorry for your loss and your sister's attitude. We could have the same sister.
Irishrose-I'll take all the kicks I can get!!
Wish me luck-I have to go see my mother (loooong story) and I know I'll have to stop at McDonald's for a BigMac, fries, a milkshake and dessert after dealing with her.
Happy & healthy eating everyone!
Old 04-05-2011, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
I'm sick again. Running a fever, chills, bladder and kidney infection. Will go to ER tonight if not better by midnight. Feel really, really awful. Even took a pain pill, something I never do.
Sorry your not feeling well. My prayers will be with you. I love your dog - we have a little chihuahua to.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:43 AM

:) :) :) :( :( Veggies are there any that taste good. Doubt it...
Old 04-05-2011, 05:50 AM

Pilates has been shown to increase flexibility, build core strength, improve posture and alleviate lower-back pain. It has also been shown to help prevent heart disease and improve circulation.

Info from SparksPeople.com
Old 04-05-2011, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by qbquilts
Hi everyone - I missed a lot today. I just tried to read everyone's messages, but since I'm so new, I'm still trying to sort them all out in my mind. Today was okay. Good news was that I did not run out at lunch, but packed leftovers :-). I did not make it to the gym (yet again) but I that's because the quilt store closes at 5 PM and I had to go get some fabric! I started a signature quilt tonight for my boss. He's retiring at the end of the month after 20+ years with our company - actually, he's been here since we were founded in the 80's.

I'd been working out a design in my head and finally settled on one today. I've got one block made, 19 to go - am doing a double Puss-in-the-Corner block, with the center being the signature area. There's 18 of us to sign the quilt, so I'll have 2 blocks that aren't signed and will use an alternate fabric in the center. For the rest of the quilt I'm using recycled shirts and will quilt-as-you-go to put it all together.

Have a great night!
Post a picture when you're done. Carol
Old 04-05-2011, 06:28 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by wapatee
:) :) :) :( :( Veggies are there any that taste good. Doubt it...
Yes! Most of them. I don't like celery(I can't spell). It has got to be the worst tasting veggie ever.