Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Okay Ladies, Time To 'Fess Up >

Okay Ladies, Time To 'Fess Up

Okay Ladies, Time To 'Fess Up

Old 04-05-2011, 02:52 PM

i just finished my mug rugs for a swap, CHECK.....finishing my doll quilt, and making two donation squares tonight...then onto finishing my daughters quilt, finishing my husbands quilt, doing two father's day table runners, doing two apple table runners, working on my mom's quilt, designing (then doing) a raffle quilt for my sister, and then i need to do some bibs for my grandsons.......whew!!!!! gina
Old 04-05-2011, 03:12 PM

I have so many projects in my to do list folder that it is fatter than me. I will probably never get around to making everything I want to try. Maybe when I retire - I keep dreamin.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:17 PM

I think I made a list at the beginning of the year on a thread about what we hope to do in 2011 - hmmm... wonder where that is :lol:
Old 04-05-2011, 03:25 PM

UFO's are on my list. but also a OBW and my postage stamp swap will need a project soon.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:30 PM

It is nice to know I am not alone---I am currently hand quilting a HST quilt and piecing a scrappy 9-patch, a grandmother's flower garden and a 3 dimensional bow tie. My to do list is very long--seriously-I think I could quilt until I die. Some projects that I can think of off the top of head where the fabric is already bought are a Dresden Plate, Drunkard's Path, Jewel Box, and Log Cabin. And someday my dream is to do a Dear Jane quilt.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:37 PM

I'm in the same boat as many of you. So many patterns, so many ideas, so many sketches and so little time.
As for immediately - finish 7 tops I have ready for our community service quilts, finish a baby quilt in WIP box, a Bargello in browns, tans and turquoise from this website - a tutorial Barb did for us some time back, stuff 5 animals I have handsewn and ready to go but the most important quilt is one for our youngest daughter that is getting her nursing pin and degree in May. This one is ready for basting and quilting. Then I hope to post it for you all to see. It's from a class I did with John Flynn. But I better get off this and on to the sewing or I'll never catch up with myself.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:39 PM

Like others I have UFOs and kits I ve put together for myself and then there are quilts I have designed I only have in my head or some on paper. I want to try paper piecing and a couple of minis and i want to make one or a thousand and one sampler quilts so I can try tons of different blocks. I am teaching any and everyone who will listen how to quilt (well, as much as I know) and I, too, have saved pics of things that just caught my fancy . I have books of drawings and bags of pics and a bulletin board filled with layers of pics and the list just keeps on growing!!!
Old 04-05-2011, 03:52 PM

thinking of one block wonder or stack n whack there almost the same, my problem is deciding which I want to start on I have so many I want to do
Old 04-05-2011, 04:33 PM

Attic windows
Cathedral window
who knows what else
A bargello will be the ultimate for me
Old 04-05-2011, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by erstan947
Because of the board I have added to my list quilts I didn't even know I wanted to make. The board opened the world of quilting that I did not know existed. :) I'm in heaven, well almost:)
I thought I was gaining on my list until I discovered this board and, like you, am almost in heaven!