Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Okay Ladies, Time To 'Fess Up >

Okay Ladies, Time To 'Fess Up

Okay Ladies, Time To 'Fess Up

Old 04-05-2011, 08:09 PM

I can't get off the computer , for looking at all the different and Beautiful Designs out there to actually get fabric cut out. LOL I love this Board.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:48 PM

Right now I have a quilt to make for a friend of my daughter, but in my case it is the material that calls out to me , I've found a bright multilayered print that begs to be made into something special. I thought I'd try the nine blade fan, then I saw a three blade fan and a five blade fan in three different patterns. I won't be able to do the friend's quilt until I at least write down the final patternt and materials needed to turn this fabric into a quilt.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:54 PM

My ultimate want to do someday is double wedding ring.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:28 AM

MY quilt guild started a UFO List challenge. Early each yearwe turn in a written list and as we share fiNished quilts at show and share they are marked off the list. Then at the end of the year prizes are awarded. My list is typed and has over 100 items on it. This year I promised to finish some of the half done ones but have probably started 5 new ones instead. And now there is a new grandbaby on the way so he or she will certainly need a quilt !! I really don't get the never start a second one until the first one is finished mentity but I do know a few folks who do that. I have happy Choas in my sewing room and theirs is probably much calmer than mine.
Proba
Old 04-06-2011, 02:56 AM

Dresden Plates, I just love them and have made quite a few but became really frustrated with doing the circle for the centre as they don't always look perfectly round. One time, I decided to experiment with an octagonal (8 sided) pattern as my dresdens have sixteen petals? (pieces,not sure what they are called) instead for the centre and just love it. Circles don't always look perfectly round to me depending on the fabric used. So now I have dozens of circles to replace with octagons. Smart eh! Nothing like being a forward planner. You would think that unpicking was my favourite past-time as I have to unpick all the round ones and replace them with octagons. Smart, eh, talk about fencing yourself in. Oh well, I will be much happier with the final result. lol and happy quilting to everyone. Gleniveve. :-D
Old 04-06-2011, 04:46 AM

what kind of quilt are you thinking of for your husbands patriot quilt i have patriot fabric for a quilt for my son but can not think of a pattern to use
Old 04-06-2011, 06:04 AM

What a great idea I hate doing circles like you said mine never look even or right, I"ll have to borrow your idea and give it a try
Old 04-06-2011, 08:48 AM

12 days of Christmas, all applique. Dresden plate, Sunbonnet Sue for gddghtr. A grown up quilt for 14yr gdson. But mostly I need to quilt all those tops I have stashed in my closet.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:10 PM

Gleniveve, What works pretty well for me with the dresden plate circles is sewing light fusible webbing to the right side of the circle fabric, make a slit in the middle of the fusible webbing, and then turn it inside out and press and sew on. Thought maybe you might like hearing this tip.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:01 PM

I have a very long list but my top 5 right now are a crazy quilt, a disappearing 9 patch, a comfort quilt I am designing with fabrics I have also designed, a quilt I have designed from one of my daughter's designs (I have the fabrics for this one), and outside the box quilt. It is interesting to see what everyone wants to do.